Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
THE RV HAS COME HOME!!!!

Evidently the radio that they wanted to put in hasn’t come off the assembly line yet and isn’t due out for several weeks. The dealership went over the coach with a fine tooth comb and through several calls to the manufacturer of the radio they discovered that the cameras had wiring issues. I did tell them that I wanted the upgraded radio when it came out for my troubles and Jayco has as yet to respond.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #16

Cut your ties with them and find someone who can fix your trouble, then take them to small claims court to get charges back. and move on... Good luck
pmedleystl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
It has finally come to a head. Both Jayco and the dealership have told us how bad the radio installed in our coach is and how many problems that both have had with it. They promised me that they were going to send a Magnadyne M4-LCD to replace my Magnadyne M1-LCD as they didn’t have anymore and couldn’t get one. After weeks of waiting they suddenly found a M1-LCD and installed it in the coach. I told them that I wanted the M4 as it seemed less problematic and they have officially refused.
I have checked and rechecked the Lemon Law for the state of Florida and the state considers the radio with rear view camera to be a safety issue thus it is qualified in the Florida Lemon Law. The good news is that Lemon Law attorneys collect their fees from the manufacturer after the settlement is complete. Had Jayco sent me the upgraded radio I would have let the matter die but their refusal to keep promises and the long delays and the lack of any apology has told me I do not want to do business with this company.
I have contacted the attorney and he has said that not only am I entitled to use the Lemon Law I am also covered by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. They don’t take cases unless they know they can win so I will have to bid my coach a not so fond farewell. Thank all of you for the advice and support through this ordeal.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #18

Keep us in the loop and let us know the results.

Good luck,

Bob

Sunny Sebastian Fl.
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Last year, I bought a 2010 Grayhawk 31SS with the same radio/camera. After the first trip, the radio and camera went out and Jayco sent the dealer a "chip" which fixed the problem. Over a year later, still working fine.
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #20

GPS unit issues

We purchased a 2011 Jayco Greyhawk with the M1-LCD radio and the M1-NAV GPS unit (a $564 option for the GPS). The problem with the GPS is that it is no longer supported by Maganadyne, and there are no map updates beyond the 2007 version that come installed. Hence, Jayco sold (and is selling) obsolete GPS units that they know cannot be updated. Conversations with both Magnadyne and Navteq (the map data folks) confirm that the unit is no longer supported and no updates are planned.

Vin with Jayco customer service asked me if I had my original MSRP sheet, which I did not (it was in the coach glovebox). When I said no, he told me that since it was a $400 item he could refund me $400. Lo and behold, when I retrieved the sheet from the coach, the cost of the GPS was $564. When I called Vin back to tell him what the price was, he tried to talk around the difference by sayingthe $400 was Jayco's cost and the rest was somehow due to dealer markup. When I said I had the original price sheet, including the Jayco logo watermark, he changed his offer to $450.00. He refused to refund the price I had paid for a known obsolete item. $450.00 was their final offer. They generously offered to pay for the return shipping fee for the GPS.

My dealer was not amused when I called them to see what influence they could have. It seems thay were not aware of this issue with the Magnadyne GPS unit. They have four similar Greyhawks sitting on their lot-with the obsolete GPS units installed by Jayco. Unknowing dealers and unwitting buyers beware!

Should I take the offer (and the $114 loss), and learn a lesson regarding Jayco's integrity? Or, should I continue to press for full compensation, including small claims action if it comes to that?
Wiredoxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
I may have some good news for you. The Magnadyne M4-LCD is selling on eBay for around $400 to 450. It has built in GPS and Bluetooth. The reason that the M1-LCD has no more support from Jayco and Magnadyne is that the software company who made the GPS unit has gone out of business and there will be no updates or upgrades ever. The new unit has a more up to date map and better hardware. Good luck.
On the flip side Jayco had discontinued the use of Magnadyne radios in their coaches. They have switched to Clarion but will not under any circumstances upgrade your coach to the Clarion. They promised me to send me an M4-LCD but suddenly found an M1-LCD and sent it and refuse to send the promised one. My lawyers are laughing about that one because I have the e-mails where they promised me the M4-LCD...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #22

I think I would take the Jayco offer and let them know you are not happy with the situation and will warn others, (which you have done here). In this day and age, an offer to refund is rare. Just try to get that from a car dealer. Getting a lawyer will not result in you realizing a penny more. In fact it will cost you for the privilege of suing Jayco.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #23

You, in the head, asked for advice, here's mine.

Post in smaller script, 10 or 12 is great, and use separated paragraphs.

Thank You.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #24

Thanks Davinger. Magnadyne suggested replacing with the M4-LCD, however I would then need to buy a new Sirius receiver (just installed last month). Guess I need to do a cost analysis to see which makes the most sense.
Wiredoxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post

Thank You.

Ed
You read 22 posts just to respond with this crap.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyblueye View Post
I think I would take the Jayco offer and let them know you are not happy with the situation and will warn others, (which you have done here). In this day and age, an offer to refund is rare. Just try to get that from a car dealer. Getting a lawyer will not result in you realizing a penny more. In fact it will cost you for the privilege of suing Jayco.
Lemon law attorneys do not charge you ever. After they get the manufacturer to pay you they then collect their fees from the manufacturer. Unlike a personal injury attorney who will take a cut of the final price Lemon law attorneys do not get a percentage of your deal.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:21 AM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post

Thank You.

Ed
I am dyslexic and generally will make my paragraphs in Microsoft Word before posting If you will look at my posts you will see that they are in paragraph form but for some reason the indentation doesn't want to transfer to the post. I just love the spelling/grammar attackers in blogs.

SPELL CHECK ENABLED: "Butt two bee oar knot too Bea." SPELL CHECK COMPLETE NO ERRORS FOUND.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredoxen View Post
Thanks Davinger. Magnadyne suggested replacing with the M4-LCD, however I would then need to buy a new Sirius receiver (just installed last month). Guess I need to do a cost analysis to see which makes the most sense.
The M4-LCD is a far superior unit to the M1-LCD. It has built in GPS, Bluetooth (May need to soundproof your coach with dynamat to make that work) and new up to date maps that will be upgradeable. What I did instead of the Sirius upgrade was I installed the iPod adapter that hooks directly into my 80 Gig iPod and then I don't have to worry about the Sirius charge. Another thing to think of is getting a lifetime subscription to Sirius that pays for itself in 3 years and allows for 2 or 3 free device transfers for when the M5-LCD hits the shelf...