Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
You read 22 posts just to respond with this crap.

No, I didn't even read the first one.

I even thought my post was an asset.

Ed

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #30

DAVINGER: Don't worry about what size font you post in. You got your point across, what is more important?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I like to give everyone every chance to make things right. Perhaps I have been a bit over generous on this one. I am going this morning to pick up my unit which they tell me now has had all of my problems fixed. They said it would take 2 to 3 days and that was nearly 3 weeks ago. I have been patient as if this is not in full working order when I arrive I will leave the unit sitting on their lot and file the paperwork with the state. Considering that I bought this unit in July and it is just ready now I can’t see the judge siding with either the dealer or the manufacturer. Wish me luck I will post with pictures and I will tell you what I think of the upgraded radio it is a 2 hour ride from the dealership…
Old 03-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
The new radio has plenty of issues and I have contacted the dealership and opened channels with the manufacturer. I will post the results as soon as they are available. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

<<<Pete>>>
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
For those of you who have been following this here is what has happened. The dealership installed the Magnadyne M4-LCD. Jayco as a way to say thank you also included at no additional cost the Sirius radio attachment at no additional cost to me. I had my iPod plugged in and the directions to go home on the navigation screen and started my trip. There were no problems to start as I started the 60 mile journey home. Once on the interstate there was a car going slower than I was. Yes we occasionally here in Florida find people who drive slower than RVs do.

The cab was filled with my favorite tunes and when I hit the break for some reason the M4-LCD though I had dropped it into reverse. The whole coach was full of road noise for a little over a second as my rear camera has a microphone. I nearly jumped out of my seat thinking that something had exploded. Needless to say once I determined the problem I wasnít a happy camper. I continued on the way home and I had to pass someone. I hit the left turn signal and when I did the left camera came on. When the camera turned off instead of the navigation screen the iPod screen was there. But as a saving grace turning the right turn signal on brought up the right camera and when it came back it was on the navigation screen.

When I got home my wife is much meaner than I was wanted me to call the lawyers and start the process. I called the dealership and told them that I wanted a new coach. I sent a letter to Jayco and the dealership telling them that this coach has more electrical problems than I am willing to wait for. I am nine payments into a coach now. Jayco finally called the service manager at the dealership and told him that they had duplicated my problem. For those of you who donít know I design computers. I am very good at troubleshooting a problem. Yes this is more than likely a software issue and if it is a hardware issue then this radio is more than dead.

My wife didnít want any other answer than a new coach. Jayco didnít want to send me a new coach. Jayco finally pulled a new Greyhawk off the line and installed the same system that they put into their most expensive coaches. They call it the Xcite. Supposedly it is their most top of the line system. They are going to fly a technician out to install it. I sent them the a notice that this will be the final attempt and if they donít replace the coach this time all I have to do is file a paper with the state of Florida and they will have to replace the coach at little to no cost to me. I verified this with the state so it is all on them now.
I donít consider myself to be a mean person but when I shell out money for what I think to be one of the best coaches on the road I really want what I paid for. I design and build computers and I know the headaches that are involved with new hardware. We wonít even talk about what havoc software can wreak on our marvelous creations. I have had to take systems back and yes I lost some money doing it. That is what we call customer service. I did research on every coach that was made with my floor-plan and Jayco won. This wasnít an impulse buy and it is for that reason that I told them I want a replacement coach.

Wish me luck tomorrow I take it in for the last time.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #34

Texas Boomers Club
Wishing you luck and we appreciate sharing all this with us!

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #35

I have the 31fs 2010 chassis and also getting outside sound when turning or backing up... I think it's a feature, can be funny at times when there's a movie playing already on the big screen.

off topic: how can I connect the magnadyne M1 to an iPod/stereo aux cable? there's a AV In input but it doesn't play music if stereo cable connected
Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
off topic: how can I connect the magnadyne M1 to an iPod/stereo aux cable? there's a AV In input but it doesn't play music if stereo cable connected[/QUOTE]

You have to buy the magnadyne iPod adapter I think mine was 12$ then you use the Ford radio removal tool (looks like 2 pieces of wire in a u shape if you cant find one you can get a set at your local auto parts store for 2$) you pull the radio out and plug the adapter (It only fits 1 way and into 1 plug) in and run it under the dash to your cup holder area and push the radio back into the slot and plug your iPod in and the radio will take control. It also charges it while you are listening... If I had read this post earlier I would have sent you my cord...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #37

Davinger: great, your reply just enlightened me.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
Perhaps an end...

Jayco sent a technician out and he started to work on Tuesday at 8:15 AM. At 5:30 PM he was still going he even skipped lunch. The radio and cameras were still having issues despite the fact that he very nearly rewired the entire cab. He wanted me to bring the coach back on Wednesday and I complained that a round trip from home to the dealership burns 20 Gallons of gas. Jayco stepped up and said bring me your receipt and we will pay for the gas. I wanted to give them every possible chance. During the installation I did discover a manufacturer’s defect in the new radio. They had another coach on the lot with the same radio and I tested my theory and it was there too. So I am sure that Jayco has notified the manufacturer of the defect. Basically you can’t turn the radio off while in camera mode or it will come back on.

The technician wasn’t afraid to hold several conference calls to the engineers at Jayco and did everything in his power to see that I was happy. The new unit works just like it does in every other coach that has one. I really can’t ask for more than that. The sound quality of the new system far exceeds that of the Magnadyne even though it is still coming through the Magnadyne speakers. I had questions about coach maintenance and other things and the Jayco rep was there with the answer. If he didn’t know he would find out. I can’t in good faith give Jayco an A+ for service since it took them more than 9 months to get a working radio in my coach. Had this happened 6 months ago I would be far happier than I am now.

The reason I say I am cautiously optimistic is that in the past the new radios worked for a while then started dying one function at a time. I haven’t taken it for a shakedown cruise yet but I was shocked to discover that I got 9.2 MPG on the way home from the dealership but only got 5.3 MPG on the way there. I don’t know that I can attribute a new radio for the sudden increase in mileage but I have to admit that since I bought the unit I have been getting between 5 and 6 MPG and suddenly it jumped to normal. So this gives me an excuse to take it to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground Resort and put it through its paces. Hopefully the long fight is over and we are ready to move on.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #39

Davinger: glad that there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel and hoping its going to work out for you
Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like it worked

The new radio seems to be happy and hasnt blown up for some time. I think we got it fixed. Time to do some serious camping.