Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #1

In dash Stereo/CD player w/backup camera for our Class C Ford

Looking for an in dash Stereo/CD w/backup camera for our Class C Ford. What is everybody else using?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #2

I have a separate b/u camera screen on top of the dash. It was in the unit when purchased but I can see an advantage in that location in being able to keep an eye on a trailer without as much removing eyes from the roadway. Entertainment is a Radio/CD with Sirius(soon to disappear for a multiple disc cd unit)
hoakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #3

Check the Crutchfield.com site or give them a call. Outstanding knowledge and service.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #4

My radio is an audiovox media receiver with SD memory card slot, USB port, hi def am/fm receiver and an aux jack for an iPod or CD player. They have eliminated a place to put the cd in. Since most people don't use CD's anymore. The audiovox camera system is a 7 inch full color dash mounted screen just above the doghouse. A wireless camera mounted to the luggage rack on the roof and wired directly into the vehicles 12 volt system so it can function as a back up camera or an electronic rear view mirror.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412646097.980994.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  26.2 KB

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #5

I went on Amazon and got one of the backup camera systems that attaches to the license plate. It came with a ten inch screen that hangs on the rear view mirror. I did a lot of looking, found one that had two video inputs, and got it for less than $70. I then went to local electronics store, and purchased an all weather outdoor security camera (dome type) with infrared. An extra 100 foot VGA cable, and went and installed it all. Pretty easy install (lots of tie wraps and split loom) and tapped the power off the dome light system right above the mirror (ignition activated). So basically I ended up with two cameras that I can select while driving. The license plate one gives me a close view for the bumper for backing up close to items and I mounted the dome camera up high on back of coach, and this gives me birds eye view most useful while driving down the highway to monitor traffic, TOAD or trailer. I leave it on all the time, and it truly turned a useless rear view mirror into an actual rear view TV. All in, I have invested about $200, about a half day to install. I have the most clear views, with a sleek looking LED screen on my mirror (no big TV on dash), and so far after 2 years, nothing has given me any trouble. Cameras both work at night as well, however we tend to travel during daylight hours anyway.
Priscilla213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:16 AM   #6

You can get those 2-din units off eBay for well under $200. They have nav, backup, Bluetooth and everything else. They are just generic brands from China but many different versions to choose from.

I'm getting one this winter for my 1991 Lazy Daze on the Chevy G30. Plenty of room in the factory dash.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #7

AutoZone sells the audiovox brand rear view camera for about $75 buck which comes with a one year warranty. It's wireless so you just hook the cameras to any live12 volt power and plug the 7 inch monitor into your cigarette lighter outlet. That's it. This makes it easy to keep an eye on my car when I am towing it with my motorhome in case anything goes wrong back there!! :O
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearaboo View Post
Check the Crutchfield.com site or give them a call. Outstanding knowledge and service.
+1 on Crutchfield. I have bought several car and home audio systems and components from them over the past 20+ years. Their tech support is first class and they provide excellent installation instructions. And anything you buy from them has lifetime free tech support.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #9

Mine is a Jensen. Sorry I dont know the model number and am not in the MH right now. A search on the Jensen web site might work
gthunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
I had a Pioneer radio installed. It has a back-up camera, bluetooth for my phone, XM Radio (or Sirius I guess if you want that instead), a port to hook-up an ipad, a DVD player, and digital FM and a regular radio. I saw it on Amazon. I am pleased with the sound. My only objection is sometime there's a glare on the screen. I made a shroud to block out light when I need it. The touch screen works well once you learn to touch lightly. My MH is a 2004 Jayco 27DS Class C on a Ford chassis. The installer discovered that it was prewired for a back-up camera.
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, class c, ford, camera