Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #1

We have in motion satalite on our class A. I realize that not all of the "domes" that you see are in motion type. But, out of curiosity, I don't believe I have ever seen a dome on a class C. Does anyone a class C use a dome? Do any class C's have in motion satalite? If no is the answer to these questions is there some practical/physical reason, i.e. structural integrity?

Just curious, Ken...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #2

We have in motion satalite on our class A. I realize that not all of the "domes" that you see are in motion type. But, out of curiosity, I don't believe I have ever seen a dome on a class C. Does anyone a class C use a dome? Do any class C's have in motion satalite? If no is the answer to these questions is there some practical/physical reason, i.e. structural integrity?

Just curious, Ken...
Old 04-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #3

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
I own a 2006 motorcoach class A with the new 2007 KVH Trac Vision R5 in-motion sat with dual line and have 2 direct tv boxes all hook up to 5 TV's in all. One in the coach up front high , 2 nd in the kitchen, 3 rd in the bedroom , 4 th in the bathroom and 5 th in the outside storge area compartment for outside entertainment , and yes I know quite a few guys that have in-motion sat on their class c . No different , .heck I have seen them in a racing venure ambulance at a large road course race car track a in- motion R5 also .
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a Kingdome in-motion dome on my class C. There is no structural reason to prevent one on a class C. The only restriction is real estate space on the roof and obstructions from other stuff on the roof.

Ours works fine going down the road but does need AC vs 12 volt so we have to run the generator to have TV while in motion.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:13 AM   #5

I can't get by without a tv being on except when I am sleeping. In- motion is the only way to go .
here is the pic of 2007 KVH TRAC VISION R 5 in-motion with 2 DirectTV boxes running 5 tv plasma .

on 2006 THOR HURRICANE
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a dome (KVH) on my Minnie Winnie. It's not the "in motion" model, but the dome is the same size on both. There is no reason that a dome cannot be installed on a class C if there is enough real eastate space. I also added an inverter, primarily so the TV/satellite system could work without a generator running.

Darryl
Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #7

Thanks guys, it looks like I got my answere and usual the input of many is much appreciated, Ken...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:43 AM   #8

We ordered a King-Dome Trac-King in-motion satellite dome system when we bought our '06 Itasca Cambria 26A (Class C) and we love it. Literally one button to push to turn it on. We bought it 'cause we want to be able to LISTEN to the Weather Channel, motor racing, etc, as we travel. Since the TV screen is out of our view from the front seats, we CAN travel with the TV on.
We turn on the sat system as we're pulling into a campsite to make sure we'll have reception once we're setup.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #9

Welcome Dick Campagna. We do the same thing also listen to XM radio with the TV's on .
Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've thought of adding "dome" to our 31' Minnie. There is ample room and Winnebago pre wired it for us. The only "restriction" is getting my DW to ok it! LOL
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jojolou:
I've thought of adding "dome" to our 31' Minnie. There is ample room and Winnebago pre wired it for us. The only "restriction" is getting my DW to ok it! LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just mention to her that Direct tv has free sat radio XM it is great to hear while going throught those some towns that have bad radio station music.
And while pulling into your site you can backup or go forward to get a clear signal of the satellite. before you stop and setup.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have a King Controls Kingdome In Motion dish you bought prior to 2007, you may be able to upgrade the software and the tuner to have it switch between satellite locations automatically.

As soon as I get my coach back from the shop I will be doing the software upgrade to the dish and then adding the new tuner.

King Controls will send you the gadget required for the software update. Once this is done, you swap out the tuners..pack up all the stuff and they will then credit your account once they get their stuff back.

There is a waiting list and I expect to get my kit soon. Will let you know how it goes once I do the upgrades.