Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #1

Indicator LED light when hot water heater is on

I have a 2012 Sunseeker 3100SS , The hot water heater switch only has eight LED light that comes on if the hot water heater does NOT lite , so I wanted a LED light to be on while the hot water heater is on I'm sure this is posted someplace else , but I put LED light on the load side of the Hot water switch to be on while the heater is lit . I've had many campers travel trailers etc. and they never seen an indicator light while a hot water heater is actually litClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1121.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	159184
toyotech358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Great idea.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #3

Our factory propane WH switch has a built indicator light, like the OP's water pump switch. I installed a hot rod heating element about 12 years ago and of course, wanted an easy way to tell if the the circuit was on or not. I ended up using a residential type toggle light switch and plate with a red indicator light which i installed down low on a cabinet near the water heater. The added benefit is that it serves as the perfect night light.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #4

After digging out the manuals to find out why the water heater wouldn't light and getting in a tizzy I realized the #$%^@& thing was left on from the last use. I added this bright blue LED found on EBay and now I can still be a moron and have hot water. Until I serviced it recently it was a hope and a prayer it would light in less than 10 attempts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	159433  
Labrat46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I may have to steal that idea. It would be nice to know at a glance from across the room if it's on. Not so much to know whether or not it's working, but as a reminder that I need to shut it off when the camping trip is over. I accidentally left mine on for two weeks one time, that's a big waste of propane!

Tags
cat, heat, heater, led, light, water, water heater