Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #1

Info on leprechaun 320s

Hello, I am looking to purchase a used Coachmen 2009 Leprechaun 320Ds can anyone in this group give me any heads up as to what I should be looking for or any types of problems I might have. It's has only 6000 miles on it, so it's hardly been broken in. Any help would be great as I am trading in my truck and travel trailer and driving from Ma to Texas to purchase the motorhome.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi:

I have a 2010 Freelander. Tho it's not the same trim and option level as your soon to be Coachmen 2009 Leprechaun. I can say I have been happy with my Coachmen product.
I'm not sure if you have seen an spec sheet for your class c but I think it should have an Onan genny and a built in inverter.
May I suggest you have it fueled and a full water tank then four cornered weighted to see if you are at your load limits.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy your purchase.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #3

Thanks, It does have a onan gen. But not sure why I need to have 4 corner weight done. Have there been prob with other mh on actual weight and what the manufacture say's the weight should be? I have read a lot of post here that talk about checking your weights and 4 corner weights. Having only had a 27 foot travel trailer, I never really had any issues on weight between actual and the manufactures rated weight.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #4

Did you buy the 09 leprechaun? We are buying one in a couple of weeks..exact same year and model, with less than 7000 miles on it. Meow do you like yours ?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #5

How...lol
Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbellnoski View Post
How...lol
I like "meow" better, lol
Old 09-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #7

It was purrrfect?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Did you buy the 09 leprechaun? We are buying one in a couple of weeks..exact same year and model, with less than 7000 miles on it. Meow do you like yours ?
Yes we did buy and we love it. If it has a Apollo halftime oven, just make sure its working before you buy. We didn't check ours till after we got back from buying our mh in texas, (we live in mass) it didn't work. Lucky for me it was just a connection problem. Let me know how you make out with your mh
Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #9

Excellent. We are in Ohio, and are flying to SC to get it in 2 weeks. I bit aprehensive about buying unseen, but i suppose i can always walk out without it, worst case. But every indication from the pictures and previous owner says it is in mint condition.

Q: does the rv have a rubber roof, or a fiberglas roof? I am going to mount a dome satellite on it, and unsure of the size/type of screws to use. I assume that there is a shhet of plywood under either the rubber or the fiberglas.

Tom
Old 09-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Excellent. We are in Ohio, and are flying to SC to get it in 2 weeks. I bit aprehensive about buying unseen, but i suppose i can always walk out without it, worst case. But every indication from the pictures and previous owner says it is in mint condition.

Q: does the rv have a rubber roof, or a fiberglas roof? I am going to mount a dome satellite on it, and unsure of the size/type of screws to use. I assume that there is a shhet of plywood under either the rubber or the fiberglas.

Tom
It has a fiberglass roof and it also has a satellite dish mounted on the roof. Not sure how its mounted but I'm sure there is plywood under the fiberglass. Good luck with your new mh