Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #1

Installed performance pkg today

Today I completed the install of the Banks Powerpack and a 5Star tune on my new Winnebago Outlook. WOW what a positive difference in performance. Throttle response, shift points, pulling power all greatly improved. This thing went from a lumbering over revving gas hog to a quick easier/fun to drive ( probably still a gas hog) vehicle. Only time will tell if there is any mpg improvement. I don't expect there will be because I won't be able to keep my right foot under control.
Now I need to decide on which steering stabilizer to use. I hear Tru trac is good and that Safe Steer can cause extra wear on steering components. Does anyone have any suggestions on making this e450 drive better in the wind?
Thx ,Bob

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 Forum
Bjsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Bjsrv,

Do you have the 30 valve Ford Triton v-10 or 20 valve?
What is your gross vehicle weight on your minnie?
The reason I ask is that I have read that the Banks powerpack will do little to increase the useable power for the 30 valve.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #3

I have the 20 valve. I don't think the 30 valve motors are going into the E450 because of the space issue on the cutaway van chassis.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Not heard of problems with the Steer Safe system. Will be interested in hearing about issues.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #5

The shop that did the work on the motorhome recommended the Davis Tru Trac because they thought the steer safe added extra pressures on the steering system. I also noticed the steer safe isn't offered by Brazel's. I am calling the Steer Safe guys today to talk to the people who make them . I'll post the results of the conversation.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #6

The Mfg says the Steer Safe can be moved by hand and does no damage to system. He said you put more wear on your steering by turning the steering wheel while not moving. He also said the Steer Safe works well in conjunction with the Davis Tru trac. One centers the steering the other centers the axle and frame.
Guess I will be getting both. Steer Safe first.