RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #1

Insurance

We have a new LTV Unity arriving soon. We are newbies. I know it has been covered before but not in a while. What insurance do you guys have? I know to some extent location specific but any help appreciated

EdJodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
We added to our Erie auto policy.

tbillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #3

We added to our auto plan, with coverage for 6 months outta the year as it is parked 6 months outta the year and covered on our homeowners policy.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:29 AM   #4

Thanks guys. We have a call in to insurance agent. Does the auto policy cover all the stuff in the rig? Tv, frig etc?
Old 02-20-2019, 05:11 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Progressive high, Geico high. Go thru a broker that can run you through 4 or 5 companies saving you time and can explain the differences to you. Try Overland Ins. Co. 1 (800) 677-4027 I used them for three yrs. but not currently my rates kept going up with two different companies for no reason. These companies (not the broker) like to give you good rates it seems your first yr then start raising your rates. Every time there is a big hurricane look out we all help pay for it. I told my agent I was sick of it and I went with my Home and Auto company.
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have been with State Farm Mutual for many years and I also was one of their agents for 28 years. I am biased but they have given me and my clients good service for a fair price. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but nation wide service. I use their emergency road service too. I have all my coverages with them. I am sure you will find someone that has not been happy with State Farm, no company is perfect. State Farm is a mutual with means it is owned by the customers. Not a stock company.
inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #7

Insurance

If you are a member of FMCA...Family Motor Coach Association...request an insurance quote through them. The Insurance broker will "shop" your policy with more than 1 insurance carrier and give you a quote without any obligation of course. You can do this online.

It pays to compare.

It also pays to feel confortable with the agency and/or individual that you are dealing with...they all are your friend & "Best Bud" until you have a claim. Then you really learn if you are "In Good Hands"...Pun intended
MovingMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
National general, check rates and coverage. You are able to "store" rv when you are not using it ( old gmac)
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:28 AM   #9

Thanks again. Not a FMCA member. Can we join with motorhome not delivered yet?
Old 02-22-2019, 05:54 AM   #10

State Farm gave me the best rate and itís bundled with my other coverages.
PappyWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:34 AM   #11

Progressive was much cheaper for a new Class C motor-home. The company that has my auto policy was almost twice as much as Progressive.
amram80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #12

If price is your only concern, then go with the cheapest you can find(good luck when you have a claim). However, if you are more concerned with quality service, full coverage, claims service and customer satisfaction then I would definitely look at one of the older established companies that has a history of fairness and customer satisfaction. You may pay a few dollars more but, when(not if) you have a claim, you'll be glad you did. Good luck.
Cheers
retnasaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #13

Geico for my MH and all cars. Very satisfied.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #14

National General Class C , 5er and F450
Rated and coverage beat everyone we checked with.
Will re-evaluate next year, always do that every couple years.

2late is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance