Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 04:49 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Is the 13k enough to keep the coach adequately cool during the summer months?
Maybe, Depends where you're summer months are and also what you do to help keep cool..

From my old 2001 Mirada blog site:

In June, we took a trip out to Pheonix, AZ. Outside air temperatures climbed to 115 during the day.
Our single roof mounted A/C (13.5k BTU) unit was able to keep the inside of the Mirada at a nice comfy 75 degrees all day. Having a nice white clean roof contributed to this..

I attribute this to three things we did to the motorhome:

Roof clean and re-coated white:

Re-coating EPDM roof – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Improved airflow from our ceiling A/C unit:

Beat the heat – Improving air flow from the air conditioner ceiling unit – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Tinted windows and covers to reduce outside heat from getting in:

Window tint and window covers – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #30
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
The industry standard for AC is any unit 27 foot or longer needs two AC's. From years of reading these forums I believe it to be true. My 31 foot Greyhawk has two and am real happy with it even when the temps are over 100 degrees.
I didn't think the RV industry had "ANY" standards. 🤔
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I didn't think the RV industry had "ANY" standards. 🤔
They actually do, but their not advertised, and certainly not adhered to in most cases. They make more profit with one air conditioner than two. It's the same with the safe wheelbase to length issue. Widely ignored.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #32

Thank you so much!
srickards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Simple answer is no. Get the 15k. Mine has a 15k and as long as I have shade it does a decent job. Start early running the AC. Only time I have had problems is with direct sunlight, all day, on a hot day.

Yes. Get the 15K. Little difference in price.
texkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote