Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #1

Is this a good deal?

Just saw this bad boy pop up
On Craigslist. I know if the roof wasn’t damaged that it would be a absolute steal. Hard to see the extent of the damage but let’s say I have to redo the whole roof. Is it still a good buy or should I keep looking? I’m a diy kind of person so I would definitely attempt to make the repairs myself . I tried to watch a few videos of what is involved in teplsceing a roof and it doesn’t look to to bad.
02stangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2018, 06:29 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02stangguy View Post
Just saw this bad boy pop up

On Craigslist. I know if the roof wasn’t damaged that it would be a absolute steal. Hard to see the extent of the damage but let’s say I have to redo the whole roof. Is it still a good buy or should I keep looking? I’m a diy kind of person so I would definitely attempt to make the repairs myself . I tried to watch a few videos of what is involved in teplsceing a roof and it doesn’t look to to bad.

Need pictures or a link.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
What is the roof made out of? If it is fiberglass - the cost to replace a roof is very high. If it is TPO, it is less. However, unless you like to do repairs and have a covered space to work on it, just let it go and keep looking.

And post the link to the Craigs List ad.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #4

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/r...674064499.html

Sorry guys I posted this one on accident without the link
02stangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #5

For the price, it's definitely worth a look. It shouldn't have needed a "tune up" at 37,000 miles. The generator got a new fuel pump, but does it run now. Curious as to why the current owner bought it, if he can't do the work.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
For the price, it's definitely worth a look. It shouldn't have needed a "tune up" at 37,000 miles. The generator got a new fuel pump, but does it run now. Curious as to why the current owner bought it, if he can't do the work.
My guess is that the seller had the same idea the OP has, that it can all be fixed. Of course it can but,, at what cost? I'd bet the roof/ceiling is in bad shape (mold, rotted wood) because of the leak. A buyer better look at it closely (try to see what's going on underneath) and then decide whether it's worth the effort.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:42 AM   #7

Water damage is usually far more extensive than it first appears to be and far more expensive to repair than you may think at first glance.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #8

It is no longer listed.