Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #1

Itasca 26 Q E 450

We have just traveled 2,000 miles up through Yellowstone.

We sold our 35 ft Class A motorhome and downsized to the 26Q.

So far I can tell you the ride is much better and less rigid. The E 450 front suspension is so much better than the leaf springs of the class A.

I am very happy driving something that does not rattle and vibrate everything over a rough road.

We had more than enough power to climb the mountains to over 9,000 ft and had plenty of brake for the down hills.

We really like the size of the new MH because we can park it almost anywhere we go including golf courses.
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dear TCHB: You did goode! I have a 23' on a e-450 chassis and love it! You probably already have the steer-safe kit on it... if not, consider it for safety purposes and warble when braking (eventually it will happen). Found that even better and easier driving was after adding a "steer-straight" kit. Costs was, I think, about $450 and took me alone about 2 hours time to install with basic tools (wrench, 1/2" sockets and one large pull handle). Can't remember the brand name. Also, have the air-suspension on the rear but the chassis doesn't need it... so I minimize the air pressure in the system for normal driving conditions. If you sense a sway or get unusually fatigued after a couple of hours of driving on the interstates, then you might look into some of the same steering mods we did on our e-450. The Ford chassis must the best platform for Class C rv's because I haven't seen other type chassis utilized as much as this one. Oh yeah... the gasoline e-450 has LOTS of power to make rv'ing fast and furious! Welcome aboard! Tom and Rho
mlo166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #3

I have rear air bags on the MH and keep the air pressure at 70#.

So far it steers very nice and does a good job on the hills. I would like more power but it does a good job for what it is.

Once thing I like about the 26 it has a long wheel base and has about 2,000# of spare capacity after fully loaded.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #4

Just completed 3,000 miles with no real problems. This motorhome is a nice to travel in and has plenty of room for us on the road.

It would be great if it had the new diesel under the hood that the pick up truck has with all that torque.

Tags
itasca