Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #1

Itasca Cambria 23D

Hello All, My wife and I just started looking for a semi full-time rig as we're pretty much actually all retired now. and want to hit the road and go "sing for our supper" so to speak... We have worked our b+++s off all our lives and want to pursue family, friends and devote more time to performing as we are musicians as well. We saw a 2005 Itasca Cambria 23D with F350 chassis on line at a well known large rv dealer in Junction City, OR and lo and behold, are back home today with contracts in hand. It all happened fast and after mulling over all our options (run the full gamut there...) figured this size and scenario may work well for us at least for now. It is still being cleaned up and given their "clean bill of health", but don't know anything about the dealership nor the Triton V10 within. On getting home last night I started reading of all the mixed views on that engine....all the usual blows plugs, manifold troubles etc. I don't know which version of the Triton it has as from what I've read in 05' they switched between the 2-valve to the 3-valve, and not sure which one of those is considered desirable yet either. I also notice that the following year 2006 on, they also switched to the 450 chassis. We do want to pull a CR-V 4-down and have our sound equipment, multiple instruments, some tools, our personal items etc. as well. Sorry for probably being way too long winded here, but just trying to pick some experienced rv'ers brains here for feedback and any possible recommendations? Any and all thoughts you may want to share would be very much appreciated! Best Regards, Rob
rob755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
According to the Cambria brochure it was only available on the E350/E450, not the F350. If the one you saw is on the E350 chassis then it has the 2 valve V10 (the E series never got the 3 valve).
Old 11-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #3

ooops

Sorry....yes it is an E350. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #4

rob755-

See my answer on the thread you started over at the Winne Owner's Forum.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:39 PM   #5

'05 will be on a '04 chassis, with the 5 speed transmission.

Thoroughly look over the WBO steel bracketry, and any steel parts that WBO installed on the underside. They do not prep their metal and then paint it, rust forms under the paint, lifting it off. My '07 View is full of small rusted parts. I have been slowly working my way around the underside removing parts, glass bead blasting them and then priming and painting them. I have read where this is fairly common to WBO products.

Charles
Old 11-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #6

Hi Charles, Thanks so much for the advice! The coach has 31,508 on it and seems really clean overall and well kept interior. The paint is faded in areas and figure maybe it may have always been a west coast rig which may help with rust issues... but of course don't know. It looks a bit like it has baked in the sun some... It is on rvtrader.com and shows the dealer selling it. I know nothing of them, but live just a few hours away. Price is $34,500. Thought I'd throw that in. It does seem rv's do go for more over here on the west coast. Again...Thank you!
Old 11-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #7

It is actually listed at $39,600 and came down to the $34,500

Tags
itasca