Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #29
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Start with this youtube video: RV Driving Skills Video Series - Pivot Point

Lots of videos out there and these are short and to the point: RV 101 Videos

Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #30
Well, I wish I could say spring was here, but the kids are out of school next week for spring break. So we are finally heading south tomorrow! We are headed to Myrtle Beach. Can't wait to hit the road. This is the weather we are leaving behind
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	57628

PGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #31
have fun PGD, we'll be in Myrtle Beach end of March.
2012 Jayco Greyhawk FK
Flat towing 2008 Miata
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #32
Congratulations. Hope you have many, many smiles.
Marc, the goldwingman
2005 Itasca Spirit 29B
2005 Honda Goldwing
goldwingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #33
Enjoy M Beach. Our is still under the cover. In the ice. Can not get into it if I wanted. Would Ike to get out for Easter.
Margar3t1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #34
Congratulations! We are the owners of a 2011 Greyhawk 31SS towing a 2013 Jeep. We love our Greyhawk, tho we have nothing to compare it to, we are relatively new to the RV style and never so much as owned a sleeping bag! But we did shop for a year and attended shows until we found the right floor plan that suited us. The Greyhawk has nice appointments….plenty of raised paneling cabinets, storage under booth seats, compartments for paperwork, quality faucets, and lots of storage for grills, coolers, chairs, clothes, boots, tools, etc…..underneath. We are very pleased with the workmanship in this coach. Enjoy!
Gladie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #35
Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
You'll love the times with your family doing things together. After a year or two with a class B I bought a Class C in 1973. After getting use to it we used it year round including ski trips almsot every weekend. Winter use takes a little extra preparation and there is much advice available. 10 years later when the kids were doing their own thing I sold it and spent 20 + years sailing but now I'm back to RVing in a Class A DP. Enjoy..
08 Intrigue
2014 Ford Edge
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #36
Well it's been a great trip so far I'm very happy with the Jayco Greyhawk so far and the weather has been great. A little rain early yesterday morning, and a bit cool today, but much better than what's hitting our home up north. Ironically, our Greyhawk took out an actual hawk on the way down We were cruising along the interstate when the bird flew across our path and hit the windshield. It landed on the hood and remained there. The shoulders of the road were too narrow to stop safely, so it wasn't until a toll plaza a few miles down the road before I was able to pull over and remove the poor hawk. We all felt bad for the bird The only problem with the Greyhawk itself has been a faulty thermostat. It runs fine for a day or two, but every now and again it "runs away" and won't shut off. I wake up and it's 85 despite being set to 67. It's happened three times now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	58086  
PGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #37
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
At least it did not take out the windshield.

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote