Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Jayco Customer Service

I went out to run the Greyhawk and noticed an over the microwave cabinet door had broken... apparently a staple weakened the corner joint and the glue just couldn't hold together... I contacted Jayco Customer Service and within 2 days got back to me.... they are making a new door and will ship it all free of charge....

I am totally satisfied with Jayco and their exemplary customer service department...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0984.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	3999   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0986.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	4000  

Jayco Greyhawk 31SS + 2008 Ford Edge TOAD
BlueOx Aventa LX
SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO
jerzeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
It's nice when a company stands behind their products. And for a small cost they get a lot of good advertising. Too bad all of the companies don't understand this.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #3

Jayco customer service is second to none! They are always helpful and very concerned about their image as witnessed by their always doing the right thing with customer service. In my opinion they set the gold standard for customer relations. they are the model for all other manufactururs. Sadly though, they are in the minority.

My current trailer, while still rather new, was made by the largest rv manufacturur who recently sold off its trailer division. Now, when I have a warranty issue and call them, they dont even pick up their phone. After calling their corporate office they simply say talk to your selling dealer. Thats nice, you pay 84,000$ for a luxury 5er and the manufacturer no longrr warrents their own products and rely instead completely on the good will of the dealer.
Had I known that they 2 weeks after selling me my trailer they would sell off their own trailer division, I never would have bought a thing from them.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
just bought a 2011 jayco greyhawk 32 class c nothing but problems, roof vent rattles at 65 mph, ac doesnt cool bedroom evena fter 2 days w ac on ac drips on floor microwave pops breaker if ac is on then u need to pull over open slide out to get to breaker area,bedroom tv hard to view from fixed cabinet , grab rail to close to door handle makes openig door difficult. ordered w bedroom dvds came without was told 5 weeks to get dvds an a week to install, losy designed rv should stayed with born free
brittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #5

Let me be the first to wecome you to IRV2.com. You'll find many great people here always willing to offer advice and offer fantastic ideas.

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles with your RV. I would encourage you to contact Jayco directly and voice your concerns. In my experience they are very responsive to customer complaints and will go out of their way to see you satisfied. In my case, they sent me 2 new converters and then after both of them failed, they sent another manufacturers converter. All this after the warrenty simply because they had seen many problems with the Todd converters. There are other examples too of their willingness to do the right thing.

Keep us posted and do contact them. I would be surprised if they didn't do whatever is necessary to see you satisfied. They may send you back to your dealer but they often call the dealer in advance and talk with service manager. I hope all works out,
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
When I purchased my 2010 Greyhawk this year, the one thing I failed to completely check out was the radio. I did, however, note the sticker stating that the radio was Sirius Ready. I took them at their word. Wrong. The radio is not Sirius ready. I discovered on another forum someone who purchased a JAYCO Motorhome two years ago and was faced with the same situation.

I contacted JAYCO customer service as was told, tough luck. Oh they couched it in nicer terms, but the meaning was the same. They have been selling radios labeled Sirius ready for years and the radios are not Sirius ready. I believe this to be deceptive at best and fraudulent at worst.

Jack K
Jack K
It's A Kean World
keanwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Just to be clear, is Jayco putting the sticker on the radio claiming that it's Sirius ready, or is that sticker put on by the radio manufacturer??

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Jayco cstomer service and poor quality control

We bought a new 2008 Jayco Seneca in Feb while in AZ. We discovered right off the bat that we had a problem with our gray water tank. After lots of back and forth with our service center (not a Jayco dealer but Jayco is working with them) they first thought it was a venting problem. After accessing the tank (had to remove wheel wells and lots of other stuff) they discovered that Jayco had done a poor job of plumbing. Kinda hard to drain a holding tank when the water has to go up hill. Photos were sent and Jayco was shocked. Needless to say they authorized the work which took about 24 hours of labor.

We also found lots of quality control issues bt Jayco is taking care of it.

While I think their quality control is lacking as it is with most manufacturers these days I do have to admit that Jayco is standing behind it and fixing the problems. It would just be nice if we bought a coach and could spend more time using it than having it in the shop fixing the poor workmanship.

Alan & Nedra Denison
2013 Allegro Open Road 35 QBA
2009 Ford Flex
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote