Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Jayco Owners Club
Jayco Seneca

We are very interested in purchasing a new Seneca and would like to have some input from some current owners if possible. Just looked at both a 2014TS and a 2015TS along with a 2015FK.

Would like to hear from someone about their preference of the dining table and couch arrangement. Do you like the booth option or the standard wraparound dining and couch combination? We are leaning toward the booth option. We also want the front entertainment center.

Also, how about the combo washer and dryer option? Like or dislike?

We want to tow a 2013 GMC Acadia. What are your thoughts? Will the Seneca handle it okay in mountain driving or should we look at other options? What kind of braking do you use in the towed vehicle ?

Most of all what are your thoughts of the Seneca in general as it applies to handling, comfort, durability, quality, fuel mileage and towing ability?

Would really appreciate an and all info you would share with us whether positive or negative. Thanks a bunch!!

Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think the Seneca, from my research, is a great machine! I considered them carefully in the recent past.

With that engine, I would hazard a guess that you should have no problem pulling that Acadia!

between the TS and the FK, that's tough... I love the double slide width of the TS, but limited seating for watching TV - and the FK you could lay back on that coach, but lose the extra width inside.

It also seems more natural to me to have the hall on the right over the left - I have no idea why I feel this way, but I feel that way in all left and right halls in a MH.

I'd take the TS - double the width, extra seating, and just the right snuggle room if you can position the tv just right. I've never owned one, but I've walked em like you have.

Plus on the TS, does it not feel more roomy on entering opposed to the FK when you enter and are met with a corner right away? Further, the TS kitchen seems much more conducive to real use.

I would have to go in each and spend an hour or two just sitting around in them before I could make a call for myself.

The other thing I don't like about the fk is having to walk around the bed everytime you enter - in right left back

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks Jay and Andrea for great comments. Never really dawned on me about having to walk around the bed in the FK, but something to consider. The FK we looked at had the front entertainment option, so there were two nice TVs in the living area along with the fireplace. I suppose that would be a plus for some folks but I believe one TV would work for us.

We probably lean more to the TS because of the roomier living area and the two sofas.

Sure wish the TS had a larger grey water tank like the RB.

Thanks again and if other thoughts occur, let me hear them.
Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
We have the fk. The fireplace tv wall is great. You can lounge on the couch and comfortably watch the tv. Or the kids playing. I really like the size of the bathroom. Having the toilet in the corner works really well. We don't use the TV above the cab very much but I wouldn't change it. We did add a blue ray player at each tv. The stock radio/DVDs/cd player is the cheesiest thing on the coach. It's not user friendly at all. And we mainly have blue ray discs. We pull a Ford Edge and it does just fine you can't even tell it's back there. Most of our camping is in NE iowa with all the bluffs. And it's common to have a 6%grade. The engine brake works great. When not towing it pulls at 55 mph up the grades with no downshift. There have been a few problems. Had to replace the inverter it just stopped working the automatic transfer switch quit and the inverters are a non repairable item so you just have to buy a new one. That wasn't Jayco's fault. But the surge protector quit and there is only one way that your not supposed to mount it and that's how they mounted it. So $1,100 for the inverter and $375 for the surge protector. Neither made by Jayco and both used in a lot of campers. So they didn't use cheap ones I was just unlucky. I enjoy driving it it's got plenty of power (could always use more). When it's windy out its rock solid you just drive. The fit and finish is pretty good that's how I judge a lot of things. If they take the time to do a nice job on little stuff the big things will be fine. All in all when we are ready for a new one i won't hesitate to buy another.
Joe II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
My in-laws have a TS and the space is nice. Some of their complaints revolve around the bathroom in the TS, they claim it is a little tight in the shower/toilet room. My family has a FS, so I can not comment more than what I have. Have you looked at an HJ? Since you are considering a 2015, the HJ might fit your needs as well. Nice big entertainment center/fireplace combo in the front, still triple slides, but the opposing slides are in the bedroom and it has a stackable washer dryer rather than the combo. I can speak from experience that the stackable is a very nice option. Also, the HJ has a large closet in the back. Don't know if the HJ is up your alley or not, I just wanted to throw the suggestion out there.
2014 Jayco Seneca 37FS
RULazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go on over to the Jayco Owners Forum as they have a lot of discussions about the Seneca on that site.
2012 Greyhawk 31DS
2012 Ford Edge Toad
a_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
Originally Posted by a_snowbird View Post
Go on over to the Jayco Owners Forum as they have a lot of discussions about the Seneca on that site.
We are on the last days of our trip from toledo,Ohio to Napa calf. To last Vegas to vail Colorado to memphis to Murphy n.c. With our new 37 ts. Pulling a 25 foot trailer with a car inside. This motorhome is unreal. Driving is as easy as a car, doesn't know the trailer is there, had a few mountains in Colorado where it slowed down to 45 but only one or two times . Very happy with it. The only issue I had was a high pitch whistle around 55 to 75 mph. That is a Freightliner problem ( service bulletin 26-50 )that I couldn't get fix before I left so I bought the parts in Salt Lake City and installed myself. Parts cost around $85.00. Make sure they fix the problem before you take it. Fuel mileage has been from 7.2 to 8.8 . We left October 4 and will be home oct 25, and we could stay it here for a year. We do have the washer dryer combo and it's worth it. We wanted the bigger dinette and don't have the entertainment unit . I have bought a new unit every 2 years but this one I will keep for a while.

Offroading is offline   Reply With Quote