Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #1

Jayco Seneca Diesel

I am looking to buy a 2006 thru a 2008 Jayco Senaca diesel class c. I would appreciate anyone who either has one or knows someone who has one to tell me the pros and cons.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

Seneca is the right spelling, that may help you search better.

You can search the Jayco owner's forum, I am sure some info there.

It is a Super C, medium duty truck based chassis. Can't help much more than that, i have one similar but different manufacturer.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #3

Jayco Seneca

Thank you for the correction.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

There are some, but not too many Seneca owners on iRV2.
The Jayco Owners Forum is here:
Jayco Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

The Seneca is a "Super C" on a medium duty truck (MDT) chassis, so there are also threads here:
MDT Conversions - iRV2 Forums

And using the search box at the top of any iRV2 Forum page will give you results like:
seneca - Google Search

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:16 AM   #5

My Kodiak based motorhome has been great. 80k miles with only normal maintenance. There is a forum for the Super Duty motorhomes that have a lot of Seneca owners.
[Mod Edit]
You will need to register to ask your questions.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #6

I am also considering a 2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 with gas engine. I am having some difficulties determining the actual length. The unit is another state so its difficult to measure it myself. I was looking for some actual specs with the overall lengths but have not had much luck. My shop is only 38 feet from door to wall so it is important to know the length before spend anymore time on these models.
Useitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useitagain View Post
I am also considering a 2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 with gas engine. I am having some difficulties determining the actual length. The unit is another state so its difficult to measure it myself. I was looking for some actual specs with the overall lengths but have not had much luck. My shop is only 38 feet from door to wall so it is important to know the length before spend anymore time on these models.
According to this link,(when you click on Specs), the 6340 is 35'1" .
2005 Gulf Stream Coach ENDURA - Class C | RVWeb.com
Old 01-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #8

My 6340 is 35.1". In 2006 they changed trailer hitch. This made hitch stick out about 6" farther.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #9

Thanks for the quick come back on the length issue, it is good hear that model would fit in my shop. I know now how large a class C I can get. Now tell me what are some problems that I should be looking for. Gas or Diesel?
Useitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicefsmith View Post
I am looking to buy a 2006 thru a 2008 Jayco Senaca diesel class c. I would appreciate anyone who either has one or knows someone who has one to tell me the pros and cons.

We bought a 2009 this past summer, couldn't be happier. The Seneca is really well built, and had everything we were looking for in a coach. Tremendous storage options and weight capacity compared to a van-chassis class C, which really sold us on going this route. After looking at a number of gas class A coaches we really felt like a super C was more in line with our wants / needs, particularly with our desire for a model with a bunk slide for our kids.

Not many cons in our view - front diesel is louder I guess but I don't really notice it. Handles like a dream (ours had new shocks and tires, and a steering stabilizer added by original owners). We are planning a 3 week trip west this summer - furthest she's been so far is about a 5 hour drive, but I'm confident it will handle the long trip and mountains with ease.

Great rig, great floor plan options. Go check one out and make the decision for yourself, but I can't see how you would be disappointed by this era of Seneca of it's been well taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
HikerMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #11

Jayco Seneca

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #12

Jayco Seneca

I have 2 friends with 2008 Jayco Senecas, 34' and 37', both were purchased used; very nice units; the Duramax diesel is a great engine and very reliable; I have a Gulf Stream Endura (2005), and also am well pleased; we all pull trailers with an off road jeep on them, so the Duramax is a must, plus better fuel mileage and lots more torque.
myersn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, jayco