Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #29

To answer some of the points above:

* The reason I am going w/ the Greyhawk instead of the Redhawk is we believe it will keep us satisfied much longer. Floorplan aside, it has so many upgrades over the comparatively spartan Redhawk. We can see ourselves doing a long weekend or a week tops in the Redhawk. The Greyhawk can easily be a 2+ week rig for us. For our price range its about as rich as we can afford, but rich enough that it FEELS it.

*RE: Good dealer I probably mean the service department. I've never had a service department for ANYTHING where I can call and get into the service manager's voicemail, ask a few technical questions about I rig I might buy, and have him call back in 1/2 hour with the answers and literature if I wanted it. Also, the only problem I did have on a trailer I bought from them, they walked me through it over the phone, overnighted the part to me, and followed up the next day to make sure I was good to go. Much appreciated.

*I don't really feel like I was steered beyond them giving me better pricing. They had the invoice all written up and deposit taken, they only told me it would take longer and asked me if I wanted to proceed. I than retorted give me a better price on the better rig. Everything started rolling after that.

Other thing - my only other locally driveable Jayco dealer seems like a schmuck. Never got a good vibe, more like a used car dealer. Their service department won't look at you either unless you bought from them. My preferred dealer will work on anything.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #30
PGD

The CCC on my Greyhawk 31fs is 1919lbs with full fuel and propane. I don't have the levers on my unit.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:50 AM   #31

Okay so than 1619 for mine WITH the levelers makes sense than. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #32

I cancelled the Greyhawk order. Couldn't make peace with the low CCC of the unit. Checking out a Winnebago 31h. Better floorplan for my family, plus it has a whopping 2903 pounds of CCC !!! Good wheelbase ratio at .562 as well.

My walkthru was very positive, going for a test drive Friday AM. We'll see.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #33

*deleted*
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
*deleted*
I had to run out for a doctor's appt. earlier and didn't have time to respond to your "deleted " post.
I can't comment on the Jayco, but I do have a 2014 Itasca Spirit 31K, which has similar specs to the Winnie 31H, although my unit only has one slide, so I assume the 31H is a little heavier than mine. The sticker on my cab door says I have 3,275# of CCC. When I weighed the MH with about 3/4 tank of fuel and 1/3 tank fresh water, with my wife and I, fully loaded for camping, it weighed 11,940# which left us 2,560# under the GVWR. We'd be hard pressed to get anywhere near the rating.
As far as handling, it's been fantstic. No add ons/adjustments have been necessary. It is quite different from my other two motor homes a 22' and 24'er. It is so much longer that there are places I could go/park with the others that just can't be done with this one. Even driving is different, the biggest difference is probably trying to make a U turn. I've managed to go over a year not having a toad, and would like to keep it that way.
I believe it's a lot of motor home for the money.
This seems to be a very nice, civil web site, but kinda quiet, at least in the forums on here that I visit. Try RV net. if you haven't been there. It seems to be much more active site.
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #35

Thanks for your info - makes me feel better about the purchase !!!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
Thanks for your info - makes me feel better about the purchase !!!
I just realized I posted to the wrong thread. I thought I was replying to the thread you have in the Winnebago Owner's forum. I have no idea what your deleted post said.

Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29mv, ccc, class c, greyhawk, jayco