Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #43

Must have made a change in there jacks or s different model.
Ones we had on our class A Coronado. Each jack had it's own oil re savor and pump. Just had to run electric wiring to each jack.

Unit also had a key. So you could lock the system out. Made a good security set up. If jacks were down and you removed the key. No way could anyone start the MH.

2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #44

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
Must have made a change in there jacks or s different model.
Ones we had on our class A Coronado. Each jack had it's own oil re savor and pump. Just had to run electric wiring to each jack.

Unit also had a key. So you could lock the system out. Made a good security set up. If jacks were down and you removed the key. No way could anyone start the MH.
Yes, it sounds like you had the auto-levelling model. It was another $1200, and I just decided that for $1200, I would do the levelling myself.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #45

Hello Duane,

Do you have any updates, I am looking to do the same on my 2008 Winnebago Outlokk. I would like to know if this worked for you.

Thank You
George
Old 08-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Bigfoot Jacks

Forgive me if I am forward this is my first post. I have a 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
I just got my new Class C in July of this year and had the Bigfoot automatic leveling system installed before I picked it up. I have to admit that it does offer more stability while camping and takes the guess work out of leveling your coach. Before I installed them I spoke extensively with the owner and these are IMHO the best you can get. The good news about these jacks is that you can lift the tires off the ground with them. The bad news is that they do tend to torque your coach a bit when in use. This may make the door and the bathroom door a bit harder to open and close.
Once you have them installed I highly recommend you get a can of DRY silicone and coat all 4 of your pistons. This will make things easier down the road. You may want to add this to your semiannual maintenance of your coach. Since each of the jacks are sealed and separate units there is no other maintenance. Just remember that you will lose a bit of ground clearance. Enjoy them I do…
Old 08-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #47
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinger View Post
Forgive me if I am forward this is my first post.
Your not being forward at all, post away.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #48

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RELHUB View Post
Hello Duane,

Do you have any updates, I am looking to do the same on my 2008 Winnebago Outlokk. I would like to know if this worked for you.

Thank You
George
George,

I am enjoying them very much. They are working as advertised, I don't know how they could have made them any better! A little easier on the wallet would have been nice, but I would do it again. Hope that helps you out in making your decision.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #49
KLB

Great job and it has been a big help. I am thinking seriously of doing this myself when I get to FL. I will certainly get under the MH and take more measurements. Thanks for all the good info. Ken
Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RELHUB View Post
Hello Duane,

Thank You
George
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
George,

I am enjoying them very much. They are working as advertised, I don't know how they could have made them any better! A little easier on the wallet would have been nice, but I would do it again. Hope that helps you out in making your decision.

Do you by chance have a pictures of the install.....I have a 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 26Q, we have been thinking about getting some and having them installed. Glad to see you are happy with them so far.

"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote