Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just ordered the Bigfoot Wireless Leveling System

I just ordered the wireless manual system from Quadra / Bigfoot. I was going to let CW install an HWH automatic system, but after reviewing a few posts decided to save $1500 and install the Bigfoot system myself...that way it will be done correctly and to my liking.
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #2

I have that same wireless Bigfoot System on my 31.5 Class C and love it!
Lovin2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's good to know. Thanks. Mine is the same length rig but a Fleetwood Jamboree.

Were the hoses that came with the kit long enough?
Where is your main unit mounted?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #4

I think you will be very happy. I installed mine about 18 months ago on my class c, it took all day to install but I was working by myself. A couple of tips: 1) bolt the jack to the bracket and then tack it to the frame, then remove the jack to finish welding. (I used the provided template instead and found the bracket should have been about an inch lower.)
2) I had to go to several different places before I found someone that had the correct die to crimp the hydraulic fittings for me, tried several auto parts stores that make hoses, no luck, then I just went to a hydraulic shop. Also the kit did not come with enough hose, not a big deal and may have been caused by the way I routed them.
Good luck, you will love them they are a great product.
Brent
737brentc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Brent. I wasn't planning on welding the brackets on. I was going to do as another member did on his post and bolt them directly to the frame. He indicated that the installation instructions said it's an either/or choice. I'm a tad bit worried about welding and putting current through the frame when everything electronic on the rig is grounded to it. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, they did offer to not ship the hoses right away. Instead they said I could install the jacks, measure for the hoses and they'd make the hoses to my exact measures and ship them. This is nice...as long as I measure twice and order once!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shultz01 View Post
That's good to know. Thanks. Mine is the same length rig but a Fleetwood Jamboree.

Were the hoses that came with the kit long enough?
Where is your main unit mounted?
The hoses that came with my kit were long enough, main unit is just next to my steps where my battery box is located
Old 11-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Be sure and check CW's installation before you leave. They have a tendency to just slap things on and not quiet finish the little details. Check that the jacks and such are firmly attached to the frame, all wiring in neatly secured and bundles, any hydraulic lines are secured.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Dave. I think that's a good place to put the main unit. It will be centrally located and it's a short trip to the auxiliary battery for the wiring.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #9

Your very welcome, yes, the wiring is all close in that local, if you have any questions feel free to fire me a PM!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #10

That is a better way to do the hoses. I don't see any problem with bolting to the frame as long as you have access, as far as welding I was a little concerned about the electronics but decided just to go for it and didn't have any problems. My main unit is also on the curb side aft of the step, nice short run for wires.
Brent
737brentc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I won't be using Camping World. I purchased direct for Quadra Mfg. I was going to install it myself and bolt them on. In speaking with Quadra today the front brackets are needed in order to get the jack out a bit so that there is more top clearance for a longer jack. Being that I'm not a master welder by any stretch I think I'm going to forego the welding charge and thus the shipping charge as well, wait until the Spring to install it and have Quadra do it on our annual trip to Wisconsin Dells. We go right by their exit. The shipping is $250 and the welding is $85 per hour. I'm figuring $420 at least total for both. I'm going to just put that $420 towards their $600 install fee and have them do it. That way, if anything ever does go wrong, they can't blame it on the installer. Thought?
Old 12-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #12

I bought aftermarket from Quadra and had them do the install. Very pleased with the job they did as my install needed some customizing. I back into a sloped driveway and they mounted the rear jacks higher than normal on the frame. The whole job took about 3 hours as I recall. I think it would have been only a couple hours if they had done a normal install.

As an FYI, they have run a sale the last two winters that you may want to be on the lookout for. I think the deal I got was something like install for 25% of normal price. I live in Cincinnati and made a special trip in February. But you're not that local probably and the timing may not work out.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quadra has a special going on right now. Prepay anytime in January and get $500 off the installation (www.bigfootleveler.com) (Doesn't apply to Class A, buses, specialty coaches and trailers, though.). The deal is you have to prepay now, but you don't have to get the installation done until it is convenient to you. I have no financial interest in Quadra or Bigfoot, just passing this along. I am, however, going to be sending them a check next week and plan to drive up there, weather permitting, in March.
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had my Bigfoot system installed at their factory in White Pigeon MI last Easter. Took them 2 1/2 hours and I was on the road again. You will love them! Good Luck
CbtEngr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling