Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #1

They seem to sell for more than other simular RVs, both new & used. I'm just wondering if you all think they are worth the extra? From what I understand, the parts come from the same place as other RVs, so It's just a matter of how well they are built. Unless I'm missing something.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #2

Donz:

It's not all how well they are built; it's how well they are put together. My last rig, a 1989 Tioga bought new, had a license plate frame that said it all "Million dollar motorhome - One thousand dollars at a time!"

We got our Lazy Daze in 1998; once we visited the factory we were sold. We now have 1200 nights camping in it and 178,000 miles on the chassis. It still looks like it just came off the showroom floor. We would never have any other brand. If you have any specific questions, E-mail me.

Remember to be careful in comparing prices and CCC - Most of what are options in other brands are standard in Lazy Daze.

Good luck

Gus Weber

Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The difference is quality of construction & workmanship and the materials used. They also avoid materials and adhesives that cause allergies in some people. Have you looked at the Lazy Daze web site? They have a page that describes their workmanship a bit.

Some people consider the styling, inside & out, to be rather dated. However, one good way to improve quality is to evolve slowly rather than frequent major changes in floor plans, equipment, etc.

Worth it? Only you can decide. But most Lazy Days owners are happy campers.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We currently own and enjoy a Allegro 33 ft class A MH. Its our second Tiffin product. As with most rigs of that size, it has two slides and hydraulic levelers and with the Workhorse chassis, mostly proprietary parts. The Workhorse is the best gas chassis availablebut the parts are expensive and not easily obtained. The levelers are nice but are subject to failure (they have) and the slides are terrific because of the living space they afford. We've been seriously considering the Lazy Daze class C and its Ford chassis. Mainly because of the workmanship with the house part of the rig but also because it does not have slides and levelers. Less to fail and fix. As far as Ford parts are concerned, they can be purchased nearly everywhere. I look at a Lazy Daze motorhome like an Airstream travel trailer; you buy it to keep it for a long, long time!
Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #5

Amen to Coastie

When we leave this week to spend Thanksgiving with our grandson, we will pass 180,000 miles on a 1998 Lazy Daze. We have over 1300 nights in it and it still looks like it is on the showroom floor, though I do keep it clean inside and out.

Much of the credit goes to Ford for their V-10 - no engine problems and we still use no oil between 5000 mile oil changes and used oil analysis still looks good, though we have had a power window and two seat belt sensors fail. I really believe that the secret to keeping good things good is to use the heck out of them - even our furniture fabrics still look good.

Gus Weber
Old 11-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Gus;
The fact that you have used and enjoyed the Lazy Daze as much as you have is a credit to both the coach builder and the chassis manufacturer as well as to how well you have cared for it. Without knocking my current chassis manufacturer, our previous rig was a 1993 Allegro Bay 27 1/2 foot class C MH on a Ford chassis. In the 11 years that we had it and the many miles that were put on the Ford it had zero problems, except for the cruise control malfuntioning. No slides, no jacks, no problems. Lot less complicted machine.
Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 AM   #7

Don't use my strategy - I have put a lot more in to my Tioga than it is worth moneywise. I just need to make sure we get our investment out of it funwise!

rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote