Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Put one of those Oxygenics shower heads in and noticed water puddle on ground outside of motorhome. Checked hot water heater, kitchen connections seem dry. So I figure shower must be leaking. Does anyone know if those shower fixtures can be pulled out the front? Didn't have much time to investigate, had to go to work. Figure I will dump water in shower and check for leak. If no leak, then shower pan has to be good. I guess that would leave hot/cold/shower hose connection which is one piece. I must have jarred something loose or pressure from this shower head caused leak? Well, I did get a nice shower this morning, however, I think shower head is overrated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
When I had dripping under the coach, I found out that my shower drain/P-trap was leaking. This is common; I've had this problem in several homes when the shower floor is flexible enough to work the drain/P-trap connections loose.

In our coach we have a vent/grill under the shower/tub door that gives access to the drain and P-trap piping.

To find a drain leak, one can close the gray tank drain, fill the gray tank and fill the floor pan with as much water as the pan will hold. This will provide a "head pressure" that should show any leak that will not show up when the water is free to flow out the drain and grey tank.

Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
I'd check the shower drain, as Romeo suggested. If that is O.K., then you need to investigate the shower valve. If the leaking didn't start until you changed shower hose/head, It sounds like a fitting in the valve was moved enough or cracked to create the leak. Good luck with it.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good call, I check it tonight. Shower pan does flex when you in there.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Good call, I check it tonight. Shower pan does flex when you in there.
My flexing was not discernible, in most cases, either. But just enough to create a problem over time.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Called home and water puddle has evaporated, so that is probably pointing to shower pan connection. I hope so, I can actually reach that.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Couldn't figure it out. Got home after work and it had dried up. Filled grey tank up until it overflowed into shower, left it an hour, no leaks. Ran the shower hot and cold, no leaks. Looked everywhere, touched everything I could reach, no leaks. Somehow something leaked, but I can't find it. Gonna recaulk some seams in the shower once it dries out and then put it back in use, we shall see?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Let us know if you find the problem.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looked at it just as I was going to bed, starting to puddle up again. Seems to be trickling down the outer inner wall of the storage bay. Only thing above that is drains, sinks, shower and hot water heater. Going to turn hot water off, see if that makes difference.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dry this morning.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was thinking maybe hot water heater is weeping, however the valve is dry.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Found the leak. I got my stethoscope and listened for drips and heard dripping from behind shower. Removed the hot water heater from the outside hoping to gain access to back of shower. Had to remove outside entertainment section in order to remove hot water heater. After all that, still couldn't reach the hot/cold water connections to shower. Reaching up I could feel an access hole cut out behind kitchen back splash. I had to go inside coach and remove the back splash and that gave me access to hot/cold connections. Not really sure which one was leaking as I turned water off to remove hot water heater, both connections were loose. Did a lot of extra work when all I had to do was remove back splash, however it let me confirm the leak and clean up a lot of mess. I have everything back together and so far so good. Live and learn. I feel I know this coach more intimately. (2012 Fleetwood Jamboree 31M) Job took about six hours, I wonder if I should have just taken it to the dealer?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #13

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Job took about six hours, I wonder if I should have just taken it to the dealer?
Sometimes it's just easier and better to do it yourself, plus you learn the inner workings of your rig that way.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
I repair military helicopters for a living, so I figure I can fix my RV too. Helicopters and RV's jam a lot of stuff in tight places. My wife thinks that because we just bought it that it should be the dealers problem. I took it to the dealer for a couple minor things and they had it for three days and never solved anything. I lost my faith in them and just figured I was the best man for the job. I can always fall back on them, right. Got a pretty good back ground for this stuff, grew up construction, worked five years sheet metal and welding, five years electrician, and now 14 years avionics and fire control (weapons) on helicopters.