Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #1

Leprechaun 260DS

Hi-newbie here

I am looking at a 2015 Leprechaun 260DS and have a few questions.

-This unit comes with two slides on the left side. Does the unit tilt to the left with both slides out. Seems like a lot of weight on one side that would make it out of level.
-How does the unit drive in terms of sway and stability.
-There are no windows that open in the back of the coach. Is there any other
ventilation.
-Can you operate the stove with the slide in.
-Any other comments would be appreciated.

Ernie H
hutch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2015, 06:31 AM   #2

I bought a new Leprechaun 260 DS with Chevrolet 4500 chassis this spring have taken it on short in state trips, Yes it does lean some on the drivers side with the slides out. I bought four of the Camco yellow plastic 3 position tri levelers and use them on the left side if needed. They are almost always needed on the front as the coach is normally nose down. It does drive well and has air bags on the rear suspension, only complaint being the folding queen mattress is too hard for my back even with 3 inches of memory foam on top. Getting 9 to 10 mpg average on 10 percent ethanol gas not towing anything. The refrig, Dominic failed on me after 3 times out would cool at home but fail when at a campground. Dealer does not fix them and was going to order a new refrig that had to be changed by taking out the side window. I did some searching on service and tested the thermister in the refrig and it did not measure as it should. Replaced it with a aftermarket adjustable temp thermister, original had to be moved around on the fins in fridge to change temperature, and it cured the problem works great now. Put Camco vent covers on four of the five roof vents, the one vent crank is blocked with the front slide in so did not put a cover on this one, no problem with ventilation. Was limited in length for driveway parking and this one just fits where a 30 footer would not. Stove and microwave are blocked by the slide in.
stshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #3

Thanks for the in depth report. Yes I do know about Dominic fridg's. The ones we had
on rental units gave us problems on occasion. Good to know about the lean on left side.
Think most coaches with big slides. Have that issue.

Thanks again
Ernie H
Old 09-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #4

We replaced the vent fan in the bedroom with a remote controlled TWO way, same branded unit in our 2015. This way, we can reverse the fan at will, to pump cooler outside air into the bedroom, those night when the AC is not needed, or during dry camping.

Works well. Ours is on a Chevy 4500 chassis. More leg room for the driver AND THE PASSENGER! Rides better and quieter, cooler in the front then the Ford. Has all the power we need.

Having air bags in the rear can tighten or loosen up the ride and stability for the unit. Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch42 View Post
Hi-newbie here

-This unit comes with two slides on the left side. Does the unit tilt to the left with both slides out. Seems like a lot of weight on one side that would make it out of level.
ventilation.

Ernie H
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #5

We replaced the vent fan in the bedroom with a remote controlled TWO way, same branded unit in our 2015. This way, we can reverse the fan at will, to pump cooler outside air into the bedroom, those night when the AC is not needed, or during dry camping.

Works well. Ours is on a Chevy 4500 chassis. More leg room for the driver AND THE PASSENGER! Rides better and quieter, cooler in the front then the Ford. Has all the power we need.

Having air bags in the rear can tighten or loosen up the ride and stability for the unit. Great idea!

Now sure about leaning? We have the double door refrig on the same side and do not notice any leaning. Perhaps the person experiencing this should check his air bags to make sure both sides are at equal pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch42 View Post
Hi-newbie here

ventilation.

Ernie H
Old 09-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #6

260DS

Robert

Thats a great idea on the fan.

Also good to hear no (or not much) leaning to the left when slides are out.
FR has a new sprinter with a full wall slide that drops a few inches when
extended.

Ernie H
Old 09-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L View Post

Now sure about leaning? We have the double door refrig on the same side and do not notice any leaning. Perhaps the person experiencing this should check his air bags to make sure both sides are at equal pressure.
Class C RV has to lean with two heavy slides on one side, even with airbags at 60 pounds on each side, coach still leans enough to make it noticeably down on the heavy side. To test put a level on the floor and watch the bubble when both slides are extended.
stshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #8

Hi! I have the 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 260 DSC.
I really love it!
Here is a walk thru video that I made that hopefully will help any questions you may have and give you a good look around.
Link to video:
Blessings,
Jamie
jamiehouchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 AM   #9

We have factory installed jacks on ours, which we extend prior to putting out the slides. Guess that solves that problem too, we haven't noticed any lean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stshooter View Post
Class C RV has to lean with two heavy slides on one side, even with airbags at 60 pounds on each side, coach still leans enough to make it noticeably down on the heavy side. To test put a level on the floor and watch the bubble when both slides are extended.