Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #1

Leveling a Small Class C

I m new to owning a class C , How important is it ? To keep it perfectly Level, while Camping ? If Ur parked in a relatively Flat Spot ....... For maybe a week , isn't that just Fine? For an under 25ft. class C ? Is there water pump , worries? Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Only worries are the slides and refer if gas/elec. Both require the rig to be somewhat level, otherwise no worries. When we had our Type C (traded of in 1998) I always carried a few wood blocks that were at least as wide as the tires to level with.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #3

Jim, when I had my Chinook I too carried a few pieces of wood to help level things out. Reasons, comfort and the frig. Didn't have to worry about a slide back then.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #4

I use the bathroom door and a cupboard to see if I am level. If they stay put then I am OK. If they swing, I have some ramps to raise on end or the other.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If your comfortable most likely the coach is too. I have a couple sets of the commercial blocks for leveling. I leveled the coach with a level for the refer and counter tops, then set a bubble bullseye level in the cab. Now with just a couple times leveling experience I can look at the bubble and place blocks of the right height, not way out of level, the first try.

LEN
Old 09-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #6

My factory manual suggest no more than 3 degrees side to side and 6 degrees front to rear angle off center. I use a great I phone app. called ImetalBox that includes a level calibrated in degrees and check from inside the freezer as the manual suggests. My levels in the cab area and on the refrigerator door and wall in front of it are calibrated in 1 inch increments so that makes it easier to figure out how many leveling blocks I'll need. I use the interlocking yellow ones from Camping World. Remember if you have rear dual wheels both sets need to be supported when leveling. Enjoy your new experiences RVing.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #7
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy boy JIM View Post
I m new to owning a class C , How important is it ? To keep it perfectly Level, while Camping ? If Ur parked in a relatively Flat Spot ....... For maybe a week , isn't that just Fine? For an under 25ft. class C ? Is there water pump , worries? Jim
Are you considering adding a leveling system to your new coach?
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #8

No, I don't believe I need to spend that "add on" money , for a 25' ft coach -
Old 09-10-2016, 08:28 PM   #9

Quote:
I agree.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #10

Keep it simple. Go to WallyWorld. Get an inexpensive plastic torpedo level in hardware. In the RV section...get two bags of Lynx blocks. You need two bags! Lynx are like Lego blocks. Lighter & easier to store than cobbles of wood.

You are "good" if you are up to 1/2 bubble out. Put the level on a counter top so you can see fore & aft pitch and port/starboard inclination. Bubbles centered is perfect. 1/2 bubble out is acceptable. Try to use the same place on the counter!!!

With practice and a short learning curve you can figure out how much (and where) of a stack you need. Each block is 1" thick. Lynx inter lock and you lay them out in a ramp. Just drive up on them. You should put a set under each tie on the duals.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lynx-Leve...ingMethod=p13n
Old 09-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #11
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:

Everyone has their own needs and wants. Some people think it's the most important part of set up, others don't even consider it.
The length of the coach is really not a factor in deciding the options and upgrades to look into; as much as what does each family want their RV to be capable of doing.
I hope you're enjoying your new Class C and are getting into the groove of camping with it!

EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, leveling