Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #1

Question Leveling blocks - suggestions please.

We headed out for an overnight trip in our first Class C. The spot we got was sloped downwards from front to back. Unfortunately, I hadn't bought any leveling blocks so I had to improvise by driving up my rear wheels on the firewood that I bought to try and get the rear end level with the front. It didn't get it level, but it was better.
We used to pop-up camp and never had an issue like this. We could just drop or raise the front of the pop-up to get level.
With a Class C it looks like I need to get some sort of leveling blocks. The rear has dual wheels, so I assume that I need leveling blocks for all rear tires? I see there are the leveling blocks which are flat and square and other types which look like a ramp. Can someone give me some suggestions on what I need to get to be prepared for the next time I go out?

Thanks.
tmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also have a Class C and I use the Camco Tri-Leveler blocks. You can get them at Wal-Mart.

On the rear dual wheels, you only need to put a block under the outer tire.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #3

Regardless of what you decide on for blocks, here's one thread on blocking one tire or both on duals.
Levelling blocks on dual tires?
Old 05-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I would always block both rear tires. IMO it will save you from tire issues in the future.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:33 PM   #5

I block both tires, by placing the 2X10s crosswise. I lay 2 down and then 1, like stairs. If I need more height, I add a 2X6 on top.

If it's worst then that, I turn around and block the front.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Big investment but levelling jacks to me are worth the dough. It is a lot of wood to carry but in the past I took a 4X4, layed it crossways then layed a 2 by on it to make ramp. Drive up as far as you need. BE SURE to get all of the tire on the ramp amd for sure both duals. I also tie a rope on the wood so I can just pull them out.

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #7

I think I'm going back to wood it seems the leveling blocks are nice with firm ground anything soft and they have to be pried out then are full of dirt
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

We use these Lynx Levelers They have worked great in gravel and on the concrete.
jason1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:18 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
I carry 8 pieces of 2x8 about 18 inches long. I also carry the giant legos blocks.

It doesn't need to be perfectly level, just enough to keep the frig happy and the drinks from sliding off the table
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've been using the orange stacking blocks, same two sets for 15 years they work well. I block both rear tires everytime. We were caught once at lake Grapevine with too much front to back slope and had to find another spot. Keeping some 2x10 boards for back up would not be a bad idea.
Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #11

https://www.andersenhitches.com/Prod...r-leveler.aspx
With three of these you will easily handle most leveling situations.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #12

No one mentioned it here but the best blocks I found is to go to a Tack (Horse) and feed store and purchase a horse stall pad. They are usually 4' x 6' and 5/8" thick. They are hard rubber and I mean hard. You can measure what size pad you want and custom cut them. They are awesome pads!!! I found them anywhere from $30 to $50, you'd pay that for some of the plastic stuff which are much smaller.
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:46 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I just made mine from a couple 2x8s. Work great cost was under $$20
Old 05-11-2015, 06:18 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I used two 8' 2 x 8's to make twos sets of four progressively larger blocks. I added the non skid safety stickons to keep the blocks from moving around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0598.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	93964  
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling