Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
on the airbags leave them up other wise u are riding just on the springs more wiggle. have them on mine bags &siccors jacks help out quite a bit

Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #16
iRV2 No Limits Club
Over the years we have had jacks on several different rigs. Even now with our 41' Dutch Star Diesel Pusher (31,000#s) and HWH hydraulic levelers (12,000# rating for each of the four) we still can't totally eliminate some movement when walking even dumping the air and putting all four jacks down.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
My Fleetwood 38V has no movement when the jacks are down.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38V
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Still movement

Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
We're trying to decide if we should invest in leveling jacks... We have a 31 ft class C (i.e., longer overhang). We generally get level enough spots. However, the unit bounces around a fair amount. Probably doesn't help that we have 2 active kids! It's especially pronounced when we're in the bed in the back & the kids are asleep (rolling around) in the cabover up front. For those with leveling jacks, do they make a difference in terms of the unit bouncing around? And then more specifically, does it go from noticeable to still noticeable, 50% improvement, or barely noticeable? Thanks!

We have had this discussion on another thread, but I felt I could give you some good info on this now as we have just spent 10 days in MI trying the levelers out. We parked on blacktop drive way(brother-in-law's house), gravel campsite on the way home and to be completely honest I was maybe a little disappointed in what they did. Could not really tell difference between the two surfaces. Don't get me wrong set up is completely awesome for leveling and I would get them again just for that. I also hate sleeping while you are holding onto something so you don't fall out of bed. Since we have a 1 year old that still wakes up at night I got sleep in the back with our 3 year old and my DW slept above the cab so she could get up without waking our 3 year old to take care of the kid. She could always tell when I rolled over in the back and when she climbed up to bed you could tell it. I never felt her roll over though, that maybe because she is 1/2 my size though to. It does not take the rolling motion of side to side, but competely takes out the up and down motion. To get rid of the side to side motion a person would almost have to put outriggers on the MH. That is my opinion on our ez-levelers from Quatro Man. We drove right by Quatro Man. on our way to a flea market. I would say I am satisfied with my purchase, but it did not take everything out that I had hoped for, but it did do alot more than just struts, shocks and air bags.

beeker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #19
We did end up getting the Quadra Bigfoot system (directly from Quadra at their facility in SW Michigan). I agree with your review. It doesn't completely eliminate the ounce but it certainly reduces it. We are happy with the purchase.

'13 Forest River Sunseeker 3100
'04 Fleetwood Sedona / Reese Mini 350 / Prodigy / BAL
'94 Coleman Cedar
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote

jacks, leveling