Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unless you have a lot of spare weight capacity in your Class C, I would stay away from leveling systems. Class Cs are notorious for being close to their GVWR. Adding a leveling system makes that issue even worse.

As others have said, plastic leveling blocks or pads made out of horse mats work out so much better and don't add unnecessary weight.
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Best money spent so far

I had levelers put on my Class C Dec of 2012. So far it has been the best money spent on my camper. It takes all of 45 seconds to level. I also went with Quadra manufactoring, but I went with their cheaper series the ez levlers. This has a central pump similar to HWH levelers. The nice thing about these though is they are power up and down, whereas the HWH ones I looked at were spring up. I have a remote that runs the pump so I can be standing anywere I want to in the camper or ouside. We really enjoy them. One other thing that is really nice when we are at home either packing or unpacking and in the uneven/sloped driveway, I pop them down in about 30 seconds and a way you go no walking unevenly, trying to hold onto stuff on the counter from rolling off, or trying to keep a door open that is not level. I do still carry some 2 x 12 for the really uneven campsites.
beeker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringFellow View Post
Unless you have a lot of spare weight capacity in your Class C, I would stay away from leveling systems. Class Cs are notorious for being close to their GVWR. Adding a leveling system makes that issue even worse.
I had been thinking also of having a system installed. Think the wife wants it more then me. Decided to contact Bigfoot leveler. Just received an email from a rep. '"auto system would be around 220 the ez around 180."

Add the leveler leave the dog?

Then the wife would not want to go
maxtgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Not needed but, Yes you can level with boards, plastic ramps, But when it's raining you still get wet, Yes there are some camp grounds that are level But, the nice thing about a leveling system is not only do you level the coach, but you Stabilize the coach. When you walk thru the coach it won't walk with you and when it's windy you will really enjoy the feel of a nice firm residence. I've had without and with. I'll take with.
porchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Leveling is easy to do without them ... it's the stability that you want ... makes for a much more stable unit.
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Without levers, your RV behaves like a boat. With wind or inside movement it will rock back and forth, and at times up and down. If you believe all campsites are level, then you must believe in leprechauns.
As a matter of fact, since I own one, I do believe in Leprechauns. And a happy St. Patty's day to ya.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #21

I feel to some extent it depends how long the MH is. We have a 25-footer and before that a 23-footer. Most of the time we have not needed to level them because the site was either level enough all around, or there was at least a section of the site that was level enough. We were just on a 7 week trip, and out of 13 sites, we used the lego blocks on only 2 of them. We are okay with less than 1.5 degrees out of level, generally. Any more than that and I use the blocks.

As to rocking, yeah there is some, but not much in the shorter MHs. I would not spend any time or money on the rocking issue, myself. Maybe in a bigger one, though.
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, leveling