Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2016, 09:59 AM   #1

Line Of Bull or What

Checked the threads and couldn't find a related issue. Have the 2011 Coachman Concorde 301SS (Ford E450) in for annual slide and generator maintenance with the wonderful folks at CW .

Received a call from SA stating there are some issues (not specific) with brakes and its time for wheel bearing maintenance. I just had the rig inspected by Ford in March for brakes and asked them to review everything for safety. Got a clean bill of health.

Still waiting for a call back from the SA, The rig has 28K miles on it. Why would it need wheel bearing maintenance? Thought I would drop a post here to see what the experienced folks say.
twonewfsnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe it is called up selling, and with the number of people who dont know better, it is very lucrative for the dealers who do it.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonewfsnus View Post
Checked the threads and couldn't find a related issue. Have the 2011 Coachman Concorde 301SS (Ford E450) in for annual slide and generator maintenance with the wonderful folks at CW .

Received a call from SA stating there are some issues (not specific) with brakes and its time for wheel bearing maintenance. I just had the rig inspected by Ford in March for brakes and asked them to review everything for safety. Got a clean bill of health.

Still waiting for a call back from the SA, The rig has 28K miles on it. Why would it need wheel bearing maintenance? Thought I would drop a post here to see what the experienced folks say.
Bull!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #4

CW

Quote:

Sounds like the CW SA works on commission....
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Bull X 2
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd call bull...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In my opinion, I wouldn't let CW touch my rig for any kind of mechanical. I used to hunt for the best price and convenience but I've learned to take my toys to factory reps for factory knowledge. Pays off in the long run. Again, just my opinion developed over the years.

That said, can a "factory" trained mechanic mess something up on occasion? Sure. But they also have lots of backup in the way of senior techs and factory parts to solve it.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #8

Quote:

Yep. 1st mistake was taking it to CW. But u already know that. NOW.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:38 AM   #9

Thanks for the feedback. Its what I thought. BULL. I take all vehicle maintenance to Ford, the rest..well I am stuck with CW. The only other nearby RV service also has a terrible rep.
twonewfsnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:04 PM   #10

Look for a shop that services trucks. Not big diesels, but service trucks. Sometimes tire shops also service trucks. The E450 is the basis for a great many vehicles from ambulances to delivery trucks. They get them serviced somewhere.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A big "Moo!" here!
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't even let CW pick stones out of my tire treads!!

BULL X whatever number we're up to.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 PM   #13

I'd ask them why they are even looking at the brakes/wheel bearings and tell them you just had it serviced at Ford. You brought it in for two pretty specific things that are not even vaguely related to the service you requested.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:35 AM   #14

Just out of curiosity, did they do they actually do the maintenance on the slide and generator?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote