Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #15
We've had 33 foot trailers and a 36 foot pusher. Now we travel in a 24 foot classC. We do fine (wife and I) for 3 to 4 weeks. After that we will stop in a room for a couple of nights and a soak in a tub. We like the access of a smaller coach for National parks and forests.

If I was going to deliberately stay for months and had a choice I would want more space, good sitting area and walk around bed.

Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 25' View. We went to Canada/Alaska last summer, by way of San Francisco-started in Fl, 11,750 mile trip in 59 days.

16+ MPG, for the whole trip. We have double beds, 2 Recliners, nice awning, Bikes, nice folding chairs.

We are going to Nova Scotia next month, probably 60 plus days.

This is the right rig for us, will probably sell it in October, we have done it all.

Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #17
The in-laws are Canadian snowbirds and have been spending up to 6 months in a 23 foot rig for the past 7+ years. They did OK for a number of years but are now looking for a bigger rig (the cheerfulness is wearing off). She told me the key is finding lots of things to do that get you out of the rig. She also had accessibility issues with the corner bed when she hurt her leg, and the bathroom is so small they tend to use campground facilities. Also, when the weather is bad, it get's awfully small in there.
Looking for our first RV!
Wordronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #18
I don't think it's the overall size that would be the limiting factor, it's the amount of room you have for clothes and food.
2013 Itasca Sunova 30A
2006 Crownline 250cr
2012 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:17 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Todd157k View Post
I don't think it's the overall size that would be the limiting factor, it's the amount of room you have for clothes and food.
Storage is only part of it. You also need to match the ability to use what you store in the manner you like.
nothermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #20
Thanks for all the great advice, it will give my wife and I something to think about!!

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
Trav'ler Direct TV dish, Progressive surge protected, Magna Shield covers, RV SnapPad, 5 starter, and Jeep Cherokee towed.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #21
I spend three months at a time in my Fleetwood Pulse 24D. It has one slide and a dedicated bed. I'm just one person, but it would be fine for two. The slide makes it wide enough to walk past each other and that's the key. Lot's of storage out and under.

Don Coleman
2010 Fleetwood Pulse 24D
Towing Mazda Miata

captiva240 is offline   Reply With Quote

class c