Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #1

Looking for a alignment shop in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Anyone know of a Good alignment shop for my E450 Sunseeker in the Milwaukee area?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #2

I cant help you with a good alignment shop but I can tell you what to look for in a good alignment shop. You have an E450. If you are having wandering issues then in all likelihood your E450 was shipped from the factory with the front end caster set in a range of +3.0 to +4.0 degrees. You want to have that adjusted to be +5.0 to +6.0, in other words add (at least) +2.0 degrees. To do that you will require the installation of adjustable camber/caster sleeves such as Ingalls 594. Here is a link to my experience with an E450 and +caster, circa 2010. E350/E450 Handling Problems are caused by too little + CASTER.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

I don't know about Milwaukee, but Accurate Alignment in Appleton worked on mine and did a good job. The had several motorhomes of various sizes, semi's, a dump truck and a school bus in there the day I went. You ultimately should sniff around and find a place like that.

We also had some work done at RV suspension and tires are our specialty in Elk River Mn. Dick over there was excellent and if I ever buy a new rig will bring it to Dick to get work done even though it's 5 hours from home.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll second the recommendation for Accurate alignment.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #5
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Just had a great alignment with added caster done last Friday at their Madison location
Wisconsin Trailer Sales, Service & Trailer Parts - Badger Utility
Old 05-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
Just had a great alignment with added caster done last Friday at their Madison location
Wisconsin Trailer Sales, Service & Trailer Parts - Badger Utility
Did you notice any difference in the handling? Thanks for the info, I am only 45 min from Madcity so I will give them a call.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I was having cross wind issues. Now I do not have to white knuckle the wheel in cross winds.

Wally does each one as if it was his own vehicle.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Tell Wally to do yours like he did the last one with +5 ish caster. I think he will remember because I called him as soon as I got home to let him know how great it turned out. I only suspected I was in a cross wind till I saw a flag stretched straight out.

My rig did not have any big rig push problems when I bought it last fall. It was just terrible in cross winds.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #9

Looking for a alignment shop in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
Tell Wally to do yours like he did the last one with +5 ish caster. I think he will remember because I called him as soon as I got home to let him know how great it turned out. I only suspected I was in a cross wind till I saw a flag stretched straight out.

My rig did not have any big rig push problems when I bought it last fall. It was just terrible in cross winds.

Thanks, I did call and will be making my appointment . I did talk to Wally and he remembered you and your
call. I have pretty much the same problem with cross winds. Thanks again and safe travels to you .
Old 05-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I did a test run today from Poynette up Rt 13 to Necedah for kielbasa and kiszka and then over to Rome. I came back on I39. Rt 21 to Necedah was real, real bad, like 50mph. Well I did not realize just how much wind was crossing the road till I went into Madison in my Escape after I came home! Alignment and caster +5 money was well spent on my rig.