Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #1

Looking for Info on the Winnie Minnie 21RB

Hello Everyone,

New to this forum and am appreciating the amount of knowledge to be gained here. I have a neighbor with a 1994 21 ft Minnie Winnie that he is thinking of selling. It has the 460 engine and a 4kw generator and other features not usually found with the model 21RB. It has less than 65000 miles on it and seems in great condition in and out. He is asking just under $12,000 for the vehicle. The price seems a bit high to me but I am new to C-Class motorhomes so what do I know..

One thing I do know is that the Minnie in this size is unusual, as my online search for a motorhome in this size range has come up with only one 21 ft model and many more in the 23-27 foot range, which I am not interested in.

Do any of you have experience with the Minnie Winnie 21RB? If so how has your experience been? Any idea what kind of gas mileage I could expect with the 460 engine? Finally, does $12000 for a 1994 21RB in excellent condition sound like a good price to you?

Many thanks and good evening to all.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck finding solutions.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #3

I've got it's slightly larger cousin, a 24' Itasca, same drivetrain though. I've looked at the 21', a friend has one, it was too short for me, I wanted 2 full beds.

I don't know where you're located, prices vary regionally. Too me it sounds a little high.

I wouldn't get too excited about the generator, in a unit this small it's pretty loud inside with it running, about all it's good for is running the rooftop a/c when there's no shore power available. You will not be running it over night while you're sleeping in it that's for sure.

As far as mileage, it's mostly dependant on your right foot, if it's pretty light you should get 9mpg on flat land no problem, maybe 10mpg. If your foots a little heavy, 7.5 -8mpg is about it.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #4

Thanks for the welcome John and for the info Murf2u. I am in Northern California, so part of the price may be due to the fact that everything is expensive here! The owner of the RV just told me that I can expect 11-12 mpg which doesn't sound so bad, considering that the Toyota-based motorhomes in the same size range only get a few mpg more with their 6-cylinder engines. My wife and I are buying this basically to move us and our dog and two cats cross country to western NC, and we plan to sell the RV in the spring. We're hoping a 21ft Minnie in great condition will have a good resale value, otherwise we may go for a Toyota motorhome.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #5

I see very very few of the 21ft motorhomes for sale. Is this because people keep ahold of them, or because few people buy them?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #6

I have a 1991 Lazy Daze 22ft on a Chevy G30, which becomes a 23.5 when on the Ford chassis. It's not quite as short as the one you mention but I like the shorties. With our 350 engine we get 11mpg all the time. (don't tow a car though...)

To put it in perspective, ours has a generator and solar and everything else and we paid $8000 for it last year. We are in Southern California. Many consider Lazy Daze a premium brand that typically goes for a little more dough than a Winnie.

I would think $9500 is the max you should be paying for that unit.

In the meantime you might look into a Lazy Daze "Twin King" or "Front Lounge". They have huge windows and are rare on the East Cost so it will sell very quickly there.

Oh, but then you will end up keeping it since they are so nice
Old 10-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #7

Thanks for the post, wblynch. I had a mechanic check out the Minnie Winnie yesterday and after he found a transmission fluid leak from one of the compression(?) hoses I passed on it. I live about 5 hours north of San Francisco but am extending my search down to southern California. I am also considering a V6 Toyota motorhome, which seem to have good gas mileage and a faithful following.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #8

If you haven't had an RV before, be aware that water leaks in the 'house' are way more worrisome than transmission leaks in the 'truck'. Inspect carefully.

Good luck with your search.