Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #15

New also!

I, too, am in Michigan and looking to purchase a C Class. There is an RV show coming up in Flint the weekend of March 17, then again in Novi the weekend of October 3.
We have not purchased yet, looking around though. I had the same thoughts about reading books, but have decided against it. Habe been googling camper and sites such as these instead, and have already learned alot from reading the posts here.
Hope this helps.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #16

Planning on buying used but low mileage. I want to know more about the engine make and size and transmission for Mt Area's

Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #17

Thank you on the book ordered it and the engine size. All information is welcome. I am learning allot from iRV2. From everything I have been reading buy used with low mileage.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Welcome RV-Michigan! Our Class C did great in the mountains. IRV2 has been our main source of help and information. There are so many experienced people on here who are always willing to answer questions. We have a Class A now and I read alot of the post on here every day. I am always learning something new. Good luck on your search and hope you can be on the road by spring. Safe travels.
What size engine and what tranmission do you have? I have been reading don't buy and undersize engine but not information on what size to buy. Thank you
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #19

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdnut View Post
I, too, am in Michigan and looking to purchase a C Class. There is an RV show coming up in Flint the weekend of March 17, then again in Novi the weekend of October 3.
We have not purchased yet, looking around though. I had the same thoughts about reading books, but have decided against it. Habe been googling camper and sites such as these instead, and have already learned alot from reading the posts here.
Hope this helps.
Thank you planning on going.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #20

Go look at as many different models as you can. It's not so much about make and model as it is floor plan. Find the floor plan you like and then decide on the features in the Class C. Once you have a couple of make and models come back here and ask questions on the forum. I have had many a questions answered here. Some before I had to ask. You will also need to decide on what type of used you will have: weekend camping, long trips, just a couple of weeks a year, etc. That will determine many items you want or will want.

Hope this helps
Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Michigan View Post
Planning on buying used but low mileage. I want to know more about the engine make and size and transmission for Mt Area's
You are on the right track. I went the route you are taking and it worked for me. Go to the shows and decide on what you like, then search for one that is close. Don't rush the search. Also, look at some smaller Class As. Lots of 30 foot or less Class As that perform as well as the Cs, but with more livable room.
Used RVs, check the usual items like interior components, no signs of leaking, and maintenance records - then learn how to climb up on the roof and do a good roof inspection.
Last - save some $$ (a couple thousand) for fixing things you missed. All RVs have something that needs fixed, personalized, or improved upon.
Have fun looking - you will know when you find the right one.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalt View Post
You are on the right track. I went the route you are taking and it worked for me. Go to the shows and decide on what you like, then search for one that is close. Don't rush the search. Also, look at some smaller Class As. Lots of 30 foot or less Class As that perform as well as the Cs, but with more livable room.
Used RVs, check the usual items like interior components, no signs of leaking, and maintenance records - then learn how to climb up on the roof and do a good roof inspection.
Last - save some $$ (a couple thousand) for fixing things you missed. All RVs have something that needs fixed, personalized, or improved upon.
Thank you I will check the A's
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #23

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarnes View Post
Go look at as many different models as you can. It's not so much about make and model as it is floor plan. Find the floor plan you like and then decide on the features in the Class C. Once you have a couple of make and models come back here and ask questions on the forum. I have had many a questions answered here. Some before I had to ask. You will also need to decide on what type of used you will have: weekend camping, long trips, just a couple of weeks a year, etc. That will determine many items you want or will want.

Hope this helps
Arnold
Yes it does thank you
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by trampsrv View Post
are you getting new or used?

used with low mileage
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Michigan View Post
Most recent model gassers have plenty of power to manage mountains. You might not be the fastest, but you won't have any difficulty being underpowered for the climb. (And BTW, Ford V10s are notorious "high revvers", so that was one thing we had to get used to.)

And you will hear this a lot....consider the FLOORPLAN. How's space in the bathroom, the shower? Can you walk around the bed, is there sufficient storage, does the kitchen have enough counter space, where are the TVs mounted...etc, etc. There are lots of little things that can be very annoying over time if not considered during the purchase decision.

While we were at the dealership to take delivery of our moho, I heard a VERY UPSET customer yelling at his salesman because his new C Class didn't have an inside switch to turn on the generator. He couldn't believe he had to go outside the rig to start the genny...and he had already bought the rig. There's just a LOT of stuff to consider.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Most recent model gassers have plenty of power to manage mountains. You might not be the fastest, but you won't have any difficulty being underpowered for the climb. (And BTW, Ford V10s are notorious "high revvers", so that was one thing we had to get used to.)

And you will hear this a lot....consider the FLOORPLAN. How's space in the bathroom, the shower? Can you walk around the bed, is there sufficient storage, does the kitchen have enough counter space, where are the TVs mounted...etc, etc. There are lots of little things that can be very annoying over time if not considered during the purchase decision.

While we were at the dealership to take delivery of our moho, I heard a VERY UPSET customer yelling at his salesman because his new C Class didn't have an inside switch to turn on the generator. He couldn't believe he had to go outside the rig to start the genny...and he had already bought the rig. There's just a LOT of stuff to consider.
Thank you so much. I knew I had a lot to learn never would have thought about the generator. I am making a notebook on everything I have read on iRV2. Where should I post about kitchen tables I am thinking U-shape and bathroom's split I would really like to hear the pro's and con's.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalt View Post
On the roof what are somethings I need to look for?