Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
My bad Santara. Our last class C was back in 1978. My purpose for discussing the 19.5" versus the 22.5" tires was to offer information by pointing out the differences. It is obvious that the 16" wheel would fit below the 19.5" rim and would therefore not require any extraordinary tools or efforts to change.

It has been my experience on this and several other forums that there are a fair number of RV owners that are mechanically challenged. Many have admitted their lack of knowledge and come here seeking answers to many questions. I am not an expert on everything but did devote 35 years teaching/learning automotive service and repair. My sole purpose for contributing on the forums is to share what I learned/taught to assist others in making informed decisions. I enjoyed teaching and still enjoy sharing.

TeJay
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #30

No Jack

Last year I bought a 2013 coachman freelander, no jack or spare. The salesman told me that's why I had road side service. After reading the small print I found that they only changed it with my spare tire. With no place to put the spare except to take up room in the large storage compartment, I bought a spare tire mount that fits in the reciever hitch, plus a 20 ton bottle jack(I always go overboard). Now if I have a flat I can either call for service or change it myself. Plus I don't have to unload to get to the spare. And for my laziness I also bought an electric impact wrench, now no more fighting lug nuts.
power guy is offline   Reply With Quote