Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #1

Made the big jump

Well fellow Class "C" RVers I have made the transition from big "A's" to a 26'7" Itasca Cambria "C". I must say my first 100 miles drive was very pleasant and the rig handled very well. It has 3600 miles on it. A bank Re-po and as close to new as one can get. It is immaculate and well equipped. I know it is going to be difficult to cut the amount of take along junk down, to just what is needed. I am one of those that carried two of everything. I am thankful this Class "C" forum is a very active one.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #2

Homer-
Sounds like you are in for a treat. I enjoy my class C and still manage to take along more stuff than I could ever use! I am hoping to thin it out this summer.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #3

We have both . . . a Winnebago Vectra 36RD, and a View 24H. Each has its own charm, and we enjoy them both!!

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #4

Do not think you will be unhappy with the change Homer. May take a little getting used too. Only thing I miss from our class A's is the recliner. We are working on that upgrade.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
Do not think you will be unhappy with the change Homer. May take a little getting used too. Only thing I miss from our class A's is the recliner. We are working on that upgrade.
Hi Tom. Yes the recliner is missed by me also. I plan to put a Euro lounger of some kind in the place of it. The swivel rocker is just not up to par. I already know that driving is easier, but I do miss sitting up high with a good view of the road ahead. I think trying to prioritize storage is going to be the roughest part.
By the way do you have a mileage calculator on yours? I do not, that I know of.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #6

Mileage calculator?
Have a trip odometer.

I have 2 GPS's that I use also.
Garmin 2610
Nuvi 350
Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Mileage calculator?
Have a trip odometer.

I have 2 GPS's that I use also.
Garmin 2610
Nuvi 350
You probably do not have a mpg calculator, I have them on all my cars, but maybe on these trucks they don't use them. I haven't found anything like that on my E-450 so far. My F-53 did not have one either. I would have thought a 2006 would have one. It does have two trip meters. So I guess I will have to do the pencil and paper routine again to find avg MPG. Homer
Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #8

Let the GPS tell you how far you have to travel.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #9

Well Homer have you had a chance to work out the bugs on your new Aspect?? Hope you do not have any.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Well Homer have you had a chance to work out the bugs on your new Aspect?? Hope you do not have any.
Hi Tom, I am getting things arranged and customized to suit me. I like the Cambria layout very much. The bed is a problem to make up, so I ordered a Travasak from RV Upgrades. I have been putting more shelves on the walls, installed a large mirror for depth in the lounge area. Going to replace the chair. I am taking the Michelin tires off it and putting Good Years on, (dealer is going to kick in). Michelins are weather checking at 3600 miles already. Michelin flat out refused any warranty adjustment, so that is the end of michelins for me. I have had problems with them before. I am anxious to get it out on its maiden run for camping. I enjoy driving it, it handles much easier than the big A. My A is already sold, wasn't on the lot a full week.

Going to add a couple of 110 receptacles in the bedroom. Get rid of the curtain and install a wood accordian type door in the bedroom entrance.

Qusestion did you have any problems wiring your toad embelical to the coach? I have had problems and don't seem to be able to find the cause. Wires are all color coded, every thing seems to be in the right order. Did you make your trip to Orlando?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #11

I have had good luck with Michelin on all my RV. bad luck with Good Year.
No problem wiring up toad.
We do not use the curtain for the bed room just the curtain behind the cab.

Does you Cambria have the rear TV? (ours is not DTV had to conn. a converter) (front TV is HDTV)
One thing I found was that Winnebago never connected the Park Cable up front. So I had no park cable until I rewired everything. PITA having to remove the front TV to get at everything.
I dropped that $1000.0 TV and chipped a corner on it. Can only be worked with the remote now.

How long did the MH set in one spot outside?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #12

Quote:
I have had good luck with Michelin on all my RV. bad luck with Good Year.
No problem wiring up toad.
We do not use the curtain for the bed room just the curtain behind the cab.

Does you Cambria have the rear TV? (ours is not DTV had to conn. a converter) (front TV is HDTV)
One thing I found was that Winnebago never connected the Park Cable up front. So I had no park cable until I rewired everything. PITA having to remove the front TV to get at everything.
I dropped that $1000.0 TV and chipped a corner on it. Can only be worked with the remote now.

How long did the MH set in one spot outside?
Never have used the rear TV in any of my 7 motor homes. This does not have a rear TV.

That's a bummer on your TV, I will have to hook up a converter for local broadcast. I use Direct TV most of the time. I haven't tried the park cable hook up yet, hope they hooked it up. My last coach the phone jack wasn't hooked up to the front. So I made my own phone jack in the front drivers area.

The coach was put in service Sep 06, and with only 3600 miles on the odometer, it probably sat a lot. Never the less, tires should last longer than 2.5 yrs or 3600 miles. I had a similar problem with other Michelins. My tire dealer tells me they know they have a problem with weather checking. He sells all the major brands.

We are just going to get out an enjoy. Not to worry, it is five o'clock somewhere.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #13

I just finnished the engine oil/filter change.
The gen oil change.
Replaced the engine air filter. Was full of dead bugs.
Next trip is to Sadalia, MO. for an Escapees Club Escapade.

Hope you get out on the road soon.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #14

Quote:
I just finnished the engine oil/filter change.
The gen oil change.
Replaced the engine air filter. Was full of dead bugs.
Next trip is to Sadalia, MO. for an Escapees Club Escapade.

Hope you get out on the road soon.
rvten: Have a great trip. I will be out on the road soon. I am thinking about signing up with the Escapees. Going to do a little checking. Spending too much time on mods. Be safe have fun. Homer