Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Maiden voyage

went to Ventura Beach RV park trying to figure stuff out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maiden voage 002.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	12401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Maiden voage 003.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	12402  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maiden voage 005.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	12403  
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Nice new Rv.....Have fun... Peace.. D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Nice new Rv.....Have fun... Peace.. D
Thanks we have named her Maggie.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
"Maggie" is a beauty! Enjoy!
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #5

We have just ordered a 25' 2012 Winnebago Access which will be delivered in Sept. My hubby is new to RVing so we bought a short motorhome so he can get acquainted with all of it! Question: we see lots of folks driving their Class A's and C's here in the mid-Atlantic area and they are not towing a car. For those of you who do not tow how do you site-see once you reach your destination? Do you just hook up and then unhook anytime you want to leave the campground and go around in your RV? Do you rental car? We don't plan to try to tow until we have some experience with this new rig and until my honey gets comfortable driving it. We would appreciate any comments/suggestions anyone would care to share!
DEGrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGrammy
We have just ordered a 25' 2012 Winnebago Access which will be delivered in Sept. My hubby is new to RVing so we bought a short motorhome so he can get acquainted with all of it! Question: we see lots of folks driving their Class A's and C's here in the mid-Atlantic area and they are not towing a car. For those of you who do not tow how do you site-see once you reach your destination? Do you just hook up and then unhook anytime you want to leave the campground and go around in your RV? Do you rental car? We don't plan to try to tow until we have some experience with this new rig and until my honey gets comfortable driving it. We would appreciate any comments/suggestions anyone would care to share!
We have a shortie too. We usually try to stay for short weekend trips at campgrounds that are bike friendly. Have a big trip planned for fall and we are planning on renting a car. Someday we will get a toad but for now this works for us
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGrammy View Post
I am in the same mindset, we one day will replace the Jetta with a Jeep which can be flat towed, with no dolly.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #8

With a shorter MH you can do whatever you want. Drive it around (I did and mines 31') or rent a car....I did that too on a trip to Washington DC. But for best deal I bought a Jeep Wrangler and tow it. It's very easy to hook up and is always right behind me. Makes it very convienient when I go to get groceries or what to site see......or best of all hit the hills where others cant go. You will learn as you RV/Camp more what's best for you.
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
We went with a 23' class C for the very reason that we did not ever want to tow a car again. We have had no problems parking our class C at the places we want to see. We even parked at our favorite chicken fried steak joint in the middle of San Antonio, TX.

I hated towing a car. It made our travel less spontaneous. We were always worried that if we took a country road and had to backtrack we'd have to unhook and rehook the car. The auxilliary braking system is a royal pain to set up. Having to run the car through its gears ever two hundred miles and worrying about the lights working are all things, I am happily living without.

Right now we are on a journey with out Coachmen 21 QB and no towed. We are having a great time. Set up is a breeze. Park, plug and that's it. A couple of times we have had to level, but it's not that common.

I bought a little sign that says "campsite occupied" on line thinking I might have to use it when we did a day trip, but most RV parks reserve your site and won't put anyone else in it if you are gone during the day. Just make sure you let the management know that you are returning later.

I would never ever go back to towing a car. Towing a car is the worst part of RVing for me.
kelliepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #10

If you're only "site-seeing" you can walk. If you're going "sight-seeing" that's a different story.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
We have a 31' Class C. On short weekends to relax, we make sure we have everything we need and don't leave the CG. Some trips it paid to rent a car from Enterprise. They delivered to our campsite. We did finally buy a tow dolly for our Camry when we went cross country for 3 months. It is not that hard to drive towing the car. Backing up is a different story, but I leave that for my Husband who is better at that then I am.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote