Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Manual

looking for manual for 1979 delta/Higgins 24' motor home

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 12:45 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Sadly, most manuals aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Finding one for a 37 year old model is going to be very tough to find. You'd be better served to note the make and manufacture of each component in your RV. (Some might even have been replaced since 1979) and look for manuals for them.

Owner's manuals are very generic in nature and filtered through lawyers. Production changes aren't reflected in them and they don't give you details about wiring or plumbing except in most general terms. You can look at manuals for Winnebago and other current manufacturers to get an idea of what I've said.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #3

I would certainly agree with BFlinn about the motorhome manual, but I found several chassis manuals for our '93 Flair that is on a P 30 Chevrolet. There is a lot of information in them, if that is what you are looking for and you can determine what chassis you have. Although your MH is pretty old, I found a number of manuals into the earlier '80s on eBay while looking for mine.

Best of luck.

Steve
Old 03-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
to BFlinn and dix39, thanks for your help on this. the 79 Higgins/delta is sitting on a ford e350 chassis. there is a light control box sitting above the rear view mirror with four colored light switches. red, green, amber and blue. the red and green are for the house lights. the amber lights up when its turned on but I don't know what it leads to. when you turn the blue on, it blows the fuse, and I don't know what it powers.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
how much air should be in the rear shocks on our 79 delta Higgins 24'
Old 04-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Usually air shocks are used to level the vehicle. I have no idea on how much air pressure that would take, it has to do with the load on the rear axle, whether you're pulling a trailer, etc.

About the amber light switch, could it be for mirror heaters? Or perhaps clearance (ICC) lights?

Bob & Donna
Old 04-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
mirrors are not heated and the clearance lights come on with the headlight switch. thanks for the reply though BFlinn181. I guess ill have to take the panel apart and trace the wires down. as far as the shocks go, the vehicle seems to be level. I haven't adjusted the shocks nor checked the pressure in them. even when I hook up my bike trailer, the rear end doesn't seem to drop but maybe half an inch or so. trailer or not the ride is about the same. I might just leave well enough alone!
Old 04-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
suburban furnace blowing cold air. model NT24M 24000 btu. anyone got any troubleshooting ideas?
Old 04-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Here's the manual for your furnace.

http://www.gmcmi.com/wp-content/uplo...Dyna-Trail.pdf

It could be something simple, like the sail switch isn't closing, gas valve not opening, you'll just have to work through the manual and try to see where it's not working.

Bob & Donna

Tags
manual