Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #1

mattress for class c???????

hi
any suggestions where i can get a full size mattress cheap to fit my class c? i live in sterling hgts,mi . every keeps telling me foam is too hot to sleep on? help? thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #2

I sleep on memory foam and I'm in NM. We haven't been running the AC since we are parked in my daughter's back yard and her electric won't support it. Look on Craigs List (or use Craiglook: Craigslist Search to search). I have been finding slightly used (guest room mattresses) for $30 to $200.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #3

thnaks for the info
Old 08-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

We are going to be buying a new foam mattress for our bed at home. It is from a store in milwaukee that does reupholstery, boat seats, etc. you can go to their website: www.buyfoam.com

i just priced out the pad 72" x 80" for our king size bed at home.

4" thick: $216
5": $270
6": $324

I would think there is shipping but, we are nearby and will go pick it up. maybe they will ship to you or you can find somewhere near you like this.
We have used these foam mattresses before. Had one to the size of the bed in our lance truck camper. We use it on the sleeper sofa in the "c". Our bed is really pretty good that came in the mh. but, our bed at home needs to be replaced.

good luck!
cheryl
Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
sanitary matters in saginaw mi well make any size and make u want they make them there
Old 09-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #6

Mamma3. most cities have a custom matteress place. I live close to Fort Wayne, IN..local place is Custom Mattress Outlet... If you're not on WWW.GOSHENROADBEDS.COM...you're on the wrong website.. They have been advertising on radio last few days here on a Fall sale and specifically mention mattresses for campers..caught my ear when they said "camper queen size mattresses"
Good luck!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma3 View Post
hi
any suggestions where i can get a full size mattress cheap to fit my class c? i live in sterling hgts,mi . every keeps telling me foam is too hot to sleep on? help? thanks
As a suggestion, try to find a comforter of the right size and put that under the mattress cover to give you a bit of free board room to keep your skin away from the foam. We got an inexpresive one from JYSK here on vancouver Island and it works gret for the $25.00 it cost us.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
What about the memory foam pads they sell at WalMart for $60 or so? Anybody try them?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78RoadRunner View Post
What about the memory foam pads they sell at WalMart for $60 or so? Anybody try them?
Yes, that is what we sleep on (4" thick one). I keep a heated mattress pad (the kind you sleep on top of not under like a blanket) on the bed year round. When it starts getting cold the memory foam mattress gets hard (unlike regular mattress foam). The heated pad "softens" the memory foam. They are a bit warm in the summer. I keep the mattress pad heater (turned off) on the bed during the summer and that seems to help. It doesn't bother me since I feel cold or cool durning the summer most of the time, but it does bother David (who also complains that I radiate heat like an oven year round). Basically, if my feet are hot, then I'm hot, if my feet are cool, then I am cool and if my feet are cold, then I am cold.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Talking

Thanks Lorna, I just bought the 4" memory foam pad. I can't wait to try it out!
78RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Yes, that is what we sleep on (4" thick one). I keep a heated mattress pad (the kind you sleep on top of not under like a blanket) on the bed year round. When it starts getting cold the memory foam mattress gets hard (unlike regular mattress foam). The heated pad "softens" the memory foam. They are a bit warm in the summer. I keep the mattress pad heater (turned off) on the bed during the summer and that seems to help. It doesn't bother me since I feel cold or cool durning the summer most of the time, but it does bother David (who also complains that I radiate heat like an oven year round). Basically, if my feet are hot, then I'm hot, if my feet are cool, then I am cool and if my feet are cold, then I am cold.
What's different about memory foam? I have a foam pad on top of my mattress but it seems to roll us both to the middle. I'm thinking a inner spring mattress would be good, but where do you find one with the corner cut off to match the bed stead? You know the class C has that corner bed with a cutaway to allow access to the bathroom.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78RoadRunner View Post
Yep, I have a Wal-Mart memory foam topper on my factory mattress. I am very satisfied with the results. I am picky about mattresses.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jackson View Post
What's different about memory foam? I have a foam pad on top of my mattress but it seems to roll us both to the middle. I'm thinking a inner spring mattress would be good, but where do you find one with the corner cut off to match the bed stead? You know the class C has that corner bed with a cutaway to allow access to the bathroom.
Memory foam tends to isolate you rather than roll you together. We use memory foam toppers in both the stick house and RV (which makes the std lousy RV bed tolerable).

Memory foam can be cut to any shape you want without damaging the foam. Overstock.com is a popular site to buy memory foam toppers - you can buy a good quality 3 or 4" Kind sized memory foam topper for around $100. I bought a King Sized topper and cut it down to fit two twin sized beds in the RV.