Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #1

Mattress for Sprinter rear slide

We recently bought a Class C, Sprinter Chassis, with a rear bed slide. when the bed slide is out, there is a 3.75" difference between the head of the bed and the foot. I believe the mattress folds when the slide is in. I am trying to find out what mattress is used in this type MH. We have a mattress now that doesn't fold and use hard foam to make up the difference head to foot. Any ideas? I would like to get the right one if possible.
Billbetwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #2

We had a Forest River Solera rear slide for 3 years. We just used the factory mattress without any problems.

It is a weird mattress.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #3

We have a Thor Citation with back slide and use what came with the MH which is mattress that folds
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks guys, but what is the manufacturer and name of the mattress. Mine didn't come with one and it's a little hard to use a regular flat mattress.
Billbetwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I think your best bet is to order a replacement mattress from the coach manufacturer. This type of mattress would not be sold retail as you are finding out. You might want to try Winnebago since they actually make a number of upholstered items that go in their coaches.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #6

Cant help with the name of the mfg. However, my wife thought the mattresss on our 2400R was too firm, so she found a Tempupedic topper, on sale, at Macys and purchased online at a significant savings. Made a big difference for her in comfort plus it folds right over to fit on top of the slider mattresses.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #7

My understanding is that they are made by Denver Mattress Company.

That is what we were told when we bought Sprinter/Thor 4winds last year, I have not confirmed the info.
Oldtymeflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #8

Yes, it is a Denver Mattress.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #9

We found a great solution to the same problem of finding a bed/mattress to fit our 24 Fleetwood jamboree rear slide. National foam products in Pompano,fl They made us a foam mattress that we love ,one pc of foam that is 3-1/2 "inches thicker on bottom half than top half . fit is perfect and so much cheaper than comparable mattresses.
great company to do business with also.
reddog tolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #10

Matress Insider

Check out www.mattressinsider.com. They will custom make anything you want.
Seniorchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress, slide