Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MaxxAir vent covers

Has anyone installed the MaxxAir Fan/Mate Rain cover for high powered ceiling fans ( model 850) over Fantastic Create-A-Breeze fans with automatic cover opening and closing??? I would like to do so, but I am afraid that the automatic opening will cause the vent cover to hit the rain cover and continue to try to open the cover fully thus burning out the motor.

Additionally, has anyone been successful in installing just rain sensors of some sort on these original fans? If so, where did you get them and how did you do it.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Firedogs2 - Pat
2008 Jayco Melbourne (which I love!!)

Firedogs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
I installed the MaxxAir II over the Create-a-Breeze fan in the bedroom of my Greyhawk... works fine and allows for more air flow than the 850.... I think the cover is better than the rain sensor... no chance of failure and a wet bed....

Jayco Greyhawk 31SS + 2008 Ford Edge TOAD
BlueOx Aventa LX
SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO
jerzeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Thanks for the reply. I agree that the covers are a better idea than the sensors after thinking about it more.

Firedogs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I have them on mine and the cover fits fine on both and it prevents rain but if you have the fan pulling air in at the same time as it is a driving rain it may pull some water in... The only problem I had with mine is that a lizard took up residence in my vent and when I turned the fan on it was sliced and diced and made a mess...
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
Fantastic Fan controls the lift mechanism on its fans by permitting them to run until they strike a barrier, either fully open or closed, or an obstacle like a tree limb or a FanMate cover. There are no limit switches or other controls used. Therefore, there is no problem with installing covers. We installed covers on both of our fans and are glad we did. No problem with rain or high winds. We spent the winter in south Texas where we would have been afraid to open the fans on many days because of the winds.
Sandie & Joel (RVParkReviews admin)
2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton CAT C-12
Follow us at http://www.facebook.com/WeissTravels.net
docj is offline   Reply With Quote