Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #1

Mounting scissor jacks on E450?

I'm interested only on where to mount scissor jacks on a Ford E450 frame. Can they be mounted with C clamps?
Just this info only. I know all the pros of having an auto system just as HWH , Bigfoot & etc. Right now I am thinking cheap.
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #2

Hi Dave
Mounted my jacks on frame where the frame extension is located. Be sure to mount on the frame and not the extension.
Just drilled holes into the frame and used bolts (4 per jack) that came with the jacks.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #3

I looked over my frame & decided the only spot to mount the front jacks would be on the frame just behind cab doors. In the rear, about 6 feet behind rear wheels. U bolts are out, don't know why I thought I could do that! I really don't think welding would be a good idea. Bolting them to the frame would be the only way. Just not a lot of choices on where to put them. Having own a class A with leveling jacks, they really don't stabilize. All it it takes, is one jack to settle about 1/8 inch for the rock & rolling to start.
I can't see how a person would mount Bal OTG?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #4

These clamps, with the pads reversed so they act like spreaders, won't level your motorhome but they will stabilize it so that when someone rolls over in the bed over the cab you won't feel it in the rest of the motorhome. Cheap and easy to use, no bending to crank and go on-off in seconds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4442.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	11441  
Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thats sounds about where the factory mounted mine. Remember to use LOCTITE and triple check inside the frame rail for wires and pipes. You will be amazed at how much stuff is hiding in there.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:59 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutScout View Post
These clamps, with the pads reversed so they act like spreaders, won't level your motorhome but they will stabilize it so that when someone rolls over in the bed over the cab you won't feel it in the rest of the motorhome. Cheap and easy to use, no bending to crank and go on-off in seconds.
that's a cool idea.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
When you figure it out, please post. Thanking of doing the same thing.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #8

Triple E Owners Club
Pics?

I'm looking at installing some scissor jacks to level out my 24' E-450. I'm not so much concerned about rock'n and rollin. More concerned about having a level rv. I spend most of my time camping in state/national parks and those sites are not usually very level (at least here out west).

So, would anyone who has done this on an E-450 mind posting some pics? They'd help me out a lot!

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from MN
I looked over my frame & decided the only spot to mount the front jacks would be on the frame just behind cab doors. In the rear, about 6 feet behind rear wheels. U bolts are out, don't know why I thought I could do that! I really don't think welding would be a good idea. Bolting them to the frame would be the only way. Just not a lot of choices on where to put them. Having own a class A with leveling jacks, they really don't stabilize. All it it takes, is one jack to settle about 1/8 inch for the rock & rolling to start.
I can't see how a person would mount Bal OTG?
Hi Dave:
Can we get a update on your jacks?
Are you happy with how you installed them? Are the jacks in the right position on the frame ? Are you hand cranking or did you make an adapter for a drill?
Thanks
Pat