Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #1

My Visit to the Nexus Factory

I got home last night and couldn't wait to post on the forum because this was a great experience. Several members talked about this company last fall and my thanks to you Nexus owners for turning me on to Nexus and your assistance in planning changes and options. First, I can't recommend highly enough, visiting Elkhart prior to purchase and spending time deciding what you do/don't want in your unit. Its not like I live near there but I am so glad I made this long trip. I wouldn't have thought about many of the fine points had I not spent time right there. Taking the train was the most economical way for me to get to Elkhart from rural western CO but it was also great fun. Karen, who is fantastic to work with, picked me up at the station, shuttled me to and from my hotel (Microtel was good) and spent 2 full days with me touring the factory (how do I post pics here) viewing prebuilt units, and pouring over my list of changes and options. Even with everything I want them to do it came in at budget and fair price, including switching from an E-350 to 450, going corian countertop and self-leveling, 3 expensive options. I changed the cabinet configuration, shower surround, faucet style, outlet numbers and placements to name just a few mods. I'm taking another week to make sure of final decisions and then give the go-ahead to start production. Should be ready mid-summer when I'll go back for pick up and area touring before bringing the baby home.
abbyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #2

I was pretty much convinced that I want to get a Nexus but you have really convinced me. Although fairly new, Nexus is already building a reputation as good as Tiffin and that is saying something.
We are going to visit a forum member next week end to look at their Nexus since they are in the same state of AZ and from there will decide when and how to order a Nexus 27 or 29 ft.
Thanks for this posting of your factory experience.
carol o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #3

My Visit to the Nexus Factory

Awesome! I wish we lived closer and my work didn't have me out of town so much...or I would of made the same effort. I was sort of glad we went with a prebuild in hind sight. Being from Canada, the broker and banks demanded the little time I have to deal with the purchase. I would if been to stressed out trying to get everything right if we did customize from scratch. And would of drive Karen nuts in the process haha. But your story is great to hear and hope everything works out for you.

Right now the only problem we have with our 23p is the navigation system. Last week we tried downloading the Canadian map...and found out that Jensen is a poorly supported product with only one company supplying maps. I am still on my own playing email tag (only way of contact with horizonnav.com). If we would of known this....we should if just bought another product locally. Nexus themselves seems to be in the dark with their product also. Anyways just to give you heads up if you did get nexus to install a nav.

Cheers
Josewales is offline   Reply With Quote