Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2017, 06:45 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Navion rear wheel noise

I'm fixin' to buy Navion but I have read in numerous places about rear wheel noise. How do you fix that?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I'm curious about why you are asking this question. I participate in 3 Sprinter chassis forums and have never run across anything about rear wheel noise. People that I personally know who have Sprinter chassis motorhomes have never mentioned an issue like this.

So what exactly is this noise you read about? What year was the Navion and how many miles did it have?

The OEM Continental tires are not the most quiet tire out there but they are not too bad. You could do better with other brands probably but who cares.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #3

I've been on the Yahoo forums for about two years and never heard this mentioned. Also been on the Sprinter Forum, but almost exclusively the T1N forum, so I could have missed something there.

Charles
Old 10-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMahan View Post
I'm fixin' to buy Navion but I have read in numerous places about rear wheel noise. How do you fix that?
Um....you tell your wife to not make so much noise??? Hahahaha
Old 10-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
No issues on our '08 View (same as Navion)
Old 10-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #6

2 Sprinters since 2009 and the only "rear wheel noise" we've had is with the junk OEM Continental tires.
There's driveline whine, but that's normal in a long driveshaft equipped vehicle with little or no floor insulation

Tags
noise