Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #29

Same reason they couldn't put the hotter v10 in the van chassis as compared to the roomier class A's.
riverracerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I didn't know there was a hotter V10 in different motorhomes. I assumed the power was all done with gearing. Bigger unit, lower gear ratio.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #31

Well take model year '99 for instance. Truck version V10 was rated 305/420 vs van rating of 265/411. More cooling space in the truck body. Class A's have at least as much cooling space so they get the truck motor.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverracerxx View Post
Well take model year '99 for instance. Truck version V10 was rated 305/420 vs van rating of 265/411. More cooling space in the truck body. Class A's have at least as much cooling space so they get the truck motor.
Well now if that isn't a kick in the teeth. I have a tune I got from Brazels that really helped our motorhome quite a bit. Maybe what they are able to do is just get us back the Ponies we lost from Ford! I love the way it stays in gear now instead of dropping three gears and screaming into the stratosphere on every little grade. i know it likes to rev high but I don't. Anyway, thanks for the information. You just never know what you will learn on these forums.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #33

C vs B vs B+

In 2011 we traded our 2003 Dynamax CarrieGo B+ on a new Itasca Impulse 26QP. Tough choices - trying to balance size against storage needs. But after 8 years of turning the sofa and dinette into beds it's nice to have a full bed all the time. Winnebago has done a wonderful job with the 26QP layout in a limited length. We still have the over cab bed that we use for light storage. Had we waited a year later than 2003 we would have probably bought a View or Navion and still been in it. The new 24V would be my current choice if I had to make one now. The lines between the C's and B's is becoming more blurred all the time with the direction toward smaller RVs. Ford's decision on van chassis production will further influence the choices. One thing to consider as age takes its toll is getting into and out of the RV. The 26QP gets harder to climb into every month. A B might be easier to get in and out of. And then there's the issue of price - $$$.
daviddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I am very happy with my 2012 Itasca Navion iQ. I too love an aerodynamic front and the iQ certainly has that. When I got it I was told it was a B+ and a C (seemed to depend on who I was talking to). 16-18 mpg.
Sandi
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverracerxx View Post
Class c with a diesel? Didn't know they put those in the van chassis.
Try a Itasca Navion iQ. I have a 2014 model get 18.2 mpg from the wonderful Mercedes Benz diesel !! I have had 2010 Aspire hated it, 2010 Seneca too thirsty now the 2014 Navion iQ love it along with 18.2 mpg
fmprdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #36

Not big enough. Only come in a 24 footer.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #37

Smile Love my '14 Navion iQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
I am very happy with my 2012 Itasca Navion iQ. I too love an aerodynamic front and the iQ certainly has that. When I got it I was told it was a B+ and a C (seemed to depend on who I was talking to). 16-18 mpg.
Sandi
Like many many RVers we have had several RV's, a '10 Aspire 40 footer (what a rattle trap that was ), '12 Super C 38.5 ft., regular '10 C at 32 ft. and now the '14 Navion iQ "C". We are most happy with the Navion since it doubles as a Toad, so to speak. Can take it anywhere as only 25.5 ft long, but extends to 28.5 feet for sleeping and gets 18.2 mpg on diesel. It honestly drives like an SUV. Travel with 2 dogs, big 80 lb'er and a 40 lb'er. The RV size has been no problem. fmprdwg
Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #38

Our PC is only 24' as well and quarters do get tight. We are not full time yet but I think when we go full time it will be a larger unit. We have been out three weeks a couple times and had no real problems but you had better like who you are with. If I were full time I would probably be looking at 30 to 32 foot units and tow a CRV.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #39

Before anyone buys try and look at the 2014 Itasca Navion iQ. It's Mercedes diesel and I gets 18.2 mpg actual, drives like an SUV, yet is very maneuverable. It's registered as a "C", but if you want to call it a "B+" fine, who cares! It's the most enjoyable RV we have had. Hated my '10 Class A, '10 Super "C" was too big, the regular "C" (Ford) was too noisy with the 5 speed tranny.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmprdwg View Post
Before anyone buys try and look at the 2014 Itasca Navion iQ. It's Mercedes diesel and I gets 18.2 mpg actual, drives like an SUV, yet is very maneuverable. It's registered as a "C", but if you want to call it a "B+" fine, who cares! It's the most enjoyable RV we have had. Hated my '10 Class A, '10 Super "C" was too big, the regular "C" (Ford) was too noisy with the 5 speed tranny.
I have seen the Navion IQ and if I could afford it I would own one in a New York minute. Not retired yet so I can't justify the cost but a small MH is great. Much easier to maneuver.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #41

Looking at the View profile 24V 2014, can't seem to find anyone on the east coast that has them in stock. Have u found your IQ reliable?
jcorbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorbet View Post
Looking at the View profile 24V 2014, can't seem to find anyone on the east coast that has them in stock. Have u found your IQ reliable?
Reliable certainly is. The only thing I dislike is the small LP tank. Should have eliminated the spare tire (who changes their RV tires anyway!) and made the LP tank larger, Since the generator is on LP along with the refrigerator option and the stove, LP goes fast!