Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
New Leprechaun 26 DS in the driveway

Now that it is home, and as I try to get familiar with the different items. I find the manuals furnished are not very helpful ? Looking at the black and gray dump valves I see what seems normal to me the drain to attach the sewer line and the handles to open the valves. What I’m questioning is the valve on the passenger side ? It is under the toilet at the beginning of the plastic pipe that goes under the coach to drivers side.
Then there’s the fresh water tank dump valve. Not an easy thing to find! I have been trying to find a schematic for the plumbing system. Hoping for some help !

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #2

Congrats on your Leprechaun, we bought one in Sept last year at the Hersey show and it got delivered to us in VA. We didn't get a demonstration and had to figure out everything our self. Like you said there are two black dump valves,
one on each side, I always open the valve on the drivers side first to empty tanks. The fresh water valve is under the back storage compartment behind a plate, not too easy to get to. Also be sure to keep air in the Firestone bags otherwise it will damage them. I also got the Chevy coach and have mixed feelings as I only get about 8 mpg.
The low point drain valves are behind the plate in the back also.
Jmagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmagger View Post
Congrats on your Leprechaun, we bought one in Sept last year at the Hersey show and it got delivered to us in VA. We didn't get a demonstration and had to figure out everything our self. Like you said there are two black dump valves,
one on each side, I always open the valve on the drivers side first to empty tanks. The fresh water valve is under the back storage compartment behind a plate, not too easy to get to. Also be sure to keep air in the Firestone bags otherwise it will damage them. I also got the Chevy coach and have mixed feelings as I only get about 8 mpg.
The low point drain valves are behind the plate in the back also.
Thanks for the info! 8 mpg ? Is that towing ? My class a with 8.1 got 7, thought this would be at least 10 ! Hope it will get better as it breaks in.

Equinox Toad
Old 06-06-2018, 05:55 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on your Leprechaun, I think the passenger side dump valve is for cold weather camping, you can open the driver side and close the passengers side, so the drain pipe wont be full of water.....Bruce
Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #5

The passenger valve is there to prevent freezing in the long tube that crosses the unit underneath. Mine has it too. We keep close both all the time except for dumping.

Manuals are generic not helpful.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for your help ! Just getting into the nuts and bolts of this thing and trying to get familiar before we take our first outing. Looks like the tv mount needs some tweaking . Then there’s the Jensen radio, think I need more components to get Xm radio? Looks like our I phones won’t play with it . Then there’s figuring what goes where? SMALL drawers in the kitchen trying to come up with some dividers for silverware, and utensils ! For the basement , I think plastic bins will work well. Did anyone get the table for the grilling station? I’m sure all will work out just will take some time. Wish the manuals had more info !

Equinox Toad
Old 06-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #7

Our phones and ipads work fine with the Jensen radio, we also found a utensil holder and cut it in half so it would fit into two drawers. We got the grilling station and also got a bumper mount grill that swings around to the side of the station it works pretty good. We also got a black and decker under the counter coffee maker that fit nicely above the sink and doesn't use any counter space. As far as MPG we get 8 mpg going between 65 and 75 mph not towing.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:35 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmagger View Post
Our phones and ipads work fine with the Jensen radio, we also found a utensil holder and cut it in half so it would fit into two drawers. We got the grilling station and also got a bumper mount grill that swings around to the side of the station it works pretty good. We also got a black and decker under the counter coffee maker that fit nicely above the sink and doesn't use any counter space. As far as MPG we get 8 mpg going between 65 and 75 mph not towing.
Did you order the grilling station as an option ,or did it come with it ?

Equinox Toad
Old 06-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #9

billsbumperq.com
Old 06-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
So today still playing. I decided to sanitize the fresh water system. Found the three valves one for the fresh water tank, but there are 3 valves !!! Don’t have a clue what the other two are for ! My kitchen sink drain does not empty ! It takes a long time not sure why? Will have that on my list when It goes back for something’s we noticed at time of delivery. We bought a couple utensil trays and cut them down to fit the tiny drawers. Thanks for that heads up!
Thinking the partition by the valves could be made to hang things—— maybe cords or ??? I like to keep things neat! I keep looking for improvement mods folks have done!
I noticed I will need extensions for the tires, and looking for a tire pressure monitor, and need the progressive 30amp protector. Looking for some ideas !

Equinox Toad
Old 06-08-2018, 04:41 AM   #11

The other two valves are the low point drains for winterizing. Also consider the coffee maker that mounts above the sink, frees up space. I also attached a quick connect to the fresh water hose to easily install and remove water hose.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:04 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did have the quick couplers on the class a . Looks like I will need to put it on when ready to hook up , then remove ,so door will close for travel.

Equinox Toad
Old 06-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I put an elbow on my water hook up, and I leave the door closed. I use a threaded plug when the hose is not attached....Bruce
Old 06-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
So today still playing. I decided to sanitize the fresh water system. Found the three valves one for the fresh water tank, but there are 3 valves !!! Don’t have a clue what the other two are for ! My kitchen sink drain does not empty ! It takes a long time not sure why? Will have that on my list when It goes back for something’s we noticed at time of delivery. We bought a couple utensil trays and cut them down to fit the tiny drawers. Thanks for that heads up!
Thinking the partition by the valves could be made to hang things—— maybe cords or ??? I like to keep things neat! I keep looking for improvement mods folks have done!
I noticed I will need extensions for the tires, and looking for a tire pressure monitor, and need the progressive 30amp protector. Looking for some ideas !
The other two valves drain the hot and cold side piping. You need to open valves in sink etc. to drain. But don’t count on the draining. Either blow the pipes out or pump with antifreeze after draining. It only takes about a gallon. Be sure to drain and pump external shower.

I did a diagram of the system because it had me confused on how to add bleach etc. It needs sprucing but maybe will help.

If you call Coachman they are very helpful. They have a somewhat useful pdf on winterizing. They will also send you wiring diagrams etc. but IMHO they aren’t too usefull.

Ron Ross, Coachman 574-825-8602

PS: The way to add bleach is pour diluted bleach into hose before connecting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A9DDF84B-0BDB-4E9E-802C-C9F5CD85128F.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	206317  
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote