Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations. We have an older 26Q (with no slide). Handles great, lots of power, and short enough to get into most of the places we like. Lots of cargo capacity and storage space. Perfect floor plan for us. You will love yours.

Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #16

Yes so far so good with the smaller motorhome.

I am keeping 80# of air in the airbags. Not sure where I should keep them but I thought I would keep them about 80% of max.

Next I am looking into a rear track bar but not sure if it really needs one.

What do others think?

Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHB View Post
Yes so far so good with the smaller motorhome.
I am keeping 80# of air in the airbags. Not sure where I should keep them but I thought I would keep them about 80% of max.

Next I am looking into a rear track bar but not sure if it really needs one.
What do others think?
You need to have it loaded and drive it some distance before you go making any changes to the suspension. Then if there seems to be a problem with handling when it's fully loaded check your weight distribution/axle weights and air pressure in the tires.

If you still have a problem after you make sure everything is correct and it's not overloaded or top heavy then consider options.

Until you know it's broke, don't try to fix it.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:38 AM   #18

A rear track bar will keep the rear leaf springs straight no movement side to side. I put a Henderson rear track bar on my 2008 class A and it really helped keeping it straight down the road when trucks went flying by you.

Leaf springs have a tendency to move back and forth causing a little tail wag. Race cars use these to help keep the car on track.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was really surprised when I first drove our 26Q. We had a shorter B before and the 26Q is actually easier to drive than the B and it handles much better. It's also nice to have the V10 power on the hills so it's not down shifting all the time. The 8 in the B wasn't enough especially when we pulled the trailer with the canoe and motorcycles.

We did not want to go longer than 27' as we boondock and the 26Q was the shortest I found (26' 8") with the wider E450 chassis. Without any slides on the 450 chassis it has more CCC than we'll ever use. Probably one of the reasons it handles so well. It's also nice that you can park it in a pull through space with a couple feet left over. It has that queen bed that was not sandwiched in the corner and it has that huge pass through storage compartment underneath. For an extra one foot eight inches it's amazing what it offers over all the 25' units we looked at. We had been looking for six months and it only took me a few minutes to decide on it when we found it.

The other plus for me is ours has no slides, no motorized awning, no electric steps (they were replaced already twice), and no levelers so I don't have to worry about any of those giving me problems down the road. I'll take a manual step and awning any day over something else to break and I usually don't have a problem finding a level spot. Most likely because it's shorter.

Have fun with yours, they are a great size and layout for camping.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #20

This week I changed the oil in the 4,000 Onan Generator. It was very easy to service with a drain on the bottom of the unit. It held 1.6 quarts of oil.

I also modified the rear scrapper bars that drag when you go up a step driveway. I cut 2/12 inches off them and add roller wheels.

Tags
itasca