Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #43

Georgie Boy Owners Club
16 more days!! I am counting down.
While reading on this wonderful site!! Lots of info on here...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #44

Georgie Boy Owners Club
14 Days Getting more anxious!!

Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I and I'm sure others have our fingers crossed for you and are holding our breath. Hope it all works out. Looking back to your first post I did not see any pictures or link to pictures. While folks here might not be able to "read the pics" any better than you - they may see things to ask about or point out that you may have overlooked. Curious as to if you have pics or a link to share.

Again - lots of u's pulling for you but experienced enough to know how costly it can be to r&r even the "little things". Years ago someone told me to stay on top of every maintenance detail. Otherwise RV can easily translate to "Ruined Vacation".

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #46

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I and I'm sure others have our fingers crossed for you and are holding our breath. Hope it all works out. Looking back to your first post I did not see any pictures or link to pictures. While folks here might not be able to "read the pics" any better than you - they may see things to ask about or point out that you may have overlooked. Curious as to if you have pics or a link to share.

Again - lots of u's pulling for you but experienced enough to know how costly it can be to r&r even the "little things". Years ago someone told me to stay on top of every maintenance detail. Otherwise RV can easily translate to "Ruined Vacation".

Steve and Annie
This is what they sent me.

Name:   bedroom.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:   bedroom2.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:   doorshuttobedroom.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:   driversseat.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  26.9 KB

Name:   kitchen.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  26.7 KB

Name:   kitchen3.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:   livingroom.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:   overcab.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  25.2 KB

Name:   shower.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  20.4 KB
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #47

Georgie Boy Owners Club
I had it all typed out and it disappeared on me? Not cool.

So I hope this is not a duplicate.

I had checked out all I could on this RV. Ran a carfax, googled the owners google earthed made sure the RV was visable and in fact a item that did exist. Made sure that it was driven this year it has been plated and tagged in the county it is at. The owners took it to the brake shop for me and it has been check out ok for brakes and tires. The calipers are not releasing as soon as they should but they are not sticking or causing any brake pads to heat up so the shop said they will be ok to come home like they are.

So excited 12 more days!!!

The owner have just notified me that the RV got hit by Sandy and did well however there is a leak now and they are heartbroken. It is in the cab above the driver side and it looked to have come from the running lights on the roof. Bummer. But I told her if that is all we have and it wasn't a waterfall we will be ok. I am upset but it does not kill the deal for me.
Now what do I seal this with folks?? Should I ask her to take it somewhere and get it sealed or is this a quick fix with some thing??
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #48

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outside pic

Fancy ask them for some more pic esp outside, roof ect,tires, also where are front cushions for front overhead
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #49

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santara View Post
Fancy ask them for some more pic esp outside, roof ect,tires, also where are front cushions for front overhead

I just sent her an email and asked her. I also told her she could take it to the shop and have the roof sealed and I would pay for that. I don't want anymore issues.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #50

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Here is a pic of the water damage. Looks to me like it might have been going on for a tad bit longer then she thinks. Just my humble opinion. But none the less. From what I have seen and if this is my only issue I will fix and gut the cab open if I have to. But here is the pic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[1].JPG
Views:	111
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	28485

The mattress was damaged when they bought the RV so they tossed it out. So I have to buy a new mattress too. Oh well.

Still on to purchase. I get a good feel from these people they seem to be good people. Just hope I am not buying a molded mess.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #51

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah, looks like there has been a leak there for a while. Be very critical of that area when you inspect. That front overhead area on the Class C's is notorious for leaks. Lotsa flexing going on in that area and ones with a big window up front are worse.
Best of Luck!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #52

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-B View Post
Yeah, looks like there has been a leak there for a while. Be very critical of that area when you inspect. That front overhead area on the Class C's is notorious for leaks. Lotsa flexing going on in that area and ones with a big window up front are worse.
Best of Luck!
Yeah unfortunately I am gonna have to call hubbies cousin in he is a body man on vehicles so I will let him fix it for me. I am glad he likes me! haha...I just pray we can caulk it till we get home no more leakin till then I hope.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #53

Georgie Boy Owners Club
10 More Days! It is creeping here.

I can't wait...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #54

"The mattress was damaged when they bought the RV so they tossed it out. So I have to buy a new mattress too. Oh well.
"

How was it damaged? Was it water damaged and mold covered or did mice get into it? It's odd that the overhead mattress would be damaged when they bought it. The coach was only three years old when they bought it, correct? It certainly wasb't worn out by then.

BTW, I am looking for and cannot find a over-cab mattress like the OEM - the kind that splits down the middle and stacks during transport. I was quoted $499 for a custom made. Keep that in mind. If you use a regular mattress you will also need some wood to cover the "D".

Bondad
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #55

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondad View Post
"The mattress was damaged when they bought the RV so they tossed it out. So I have to buy a new mattress too. Oh well.
"

How was it damaged? Was it water damaged and mold covered or did mice get into it? It's odd that the overhead mattress would be damaged when they bought it. The coach was only three years old when they bought it, correct? It certainly wasb't worn out by then.

BTW, I am looking for and cannot find a over-cab mattress like the OEM - the kind that splits down the middle and stacks during transport. I was quoted $499 for a custom made. Keep that in mind. If you use a regular mattress you will also need some wood to cover the "D".

Bondad
I thought the same thing. How was it damaged??? I saw by the title look up I did that it was sold on auction. By the VIN there have been no claims put in for insurance I looked into that also. I know that the current owners have owned the home since 1998. Sooo I will have to assume dirty damage?? The rest of the RV is in top notch shape it looks perfect on the pics?? I figured the mattress would cost me upwards of $500. Where was you getting the quote on a custom made mattress???

I have a lady that might be able to make me one? But would love to have the person you was getting a quote from.

I really like the lay out on this home fits by needs and my fur babies.
Right now I wouldn't need the top bed but don't like anything half done.

So that being said if there is suppose to be a bed there then by george I want a bed there. KWIM?

Again I am getting it a great fantastic price so that does leave me room to put a few dollars into it.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #56

I own a 2004 Tioga 29v and the pictures you have posted, the layout is exactly the same as my rv. The table turns into a single bed, sofa pulls out to double bed. My cabinets and material are not the same but the cabinet and floor plan are identical. Mine has the ford v10. It is just me and my wife and a 2yo and we love the layout. We actually had to look hard to find this floor plan as we did not want a slide out.

Tags
purchase