Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #71

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Fancy--some people's idea of "fantastic shape" does not always jive with mine. Just look it over carefully, take a test drive, make sure all the systems work (a/c, stove, etc.), and check the tire dates/tread. Good luck and I really hope this works out for you.
I hear you I am a perfectionist. I expect some wear since it is a 1993! But I had a 1994 ford van that looked brand new because I waxed it contsant. I loved my fan! I still wish I had it but no need no kids to haul anymore. Can't wait to get the RV home but I will pay someone to wax it.

I have fingers crossed..

Oh and we have 2011 Jeep we will tow behind.Throw in the 3 dogs and a couple bikes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I hear you I am a perfectionist. I expect some wear since it is a 1993! But I had a 1994 ford van that looked brand new because I waxed it contsant. I loved my fan! I still wish I had it but no need no kids to haul anymore. Can't wait to get the RV home but I will pay someone to wax it.

I have fingers crossed..

Oh and we have 2011 Jeep we will tow behind.Throw in the 3 dogs and a couple bikes.
I am the EXACT same way...very picky about caring for my "stuff." I know you are going to have so much fun making the RV "yours". I loved picking out all the new dishes, towels, etc. It's kinda like playing house for grownups.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #73

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
I am the EXACT same way...very picky about caring for my "stuff." I know you are going to have so much fun making the RV "yours". I loved picking out all the new dishes, towels, etc. It's kinda like playing house for grownups.
What type of dishes are good for the RV life? Corelle?? I figured since they are kinda shatter proof. I have shattered a few in my day when I was first married. That set has long since been replaced.
I love my fine china but I figured probably not what is for RV life. With the bumps and all that.
I fine my bone china is not as strong as they claim and have broke a few.

I am stoked the seller has informed me they are having the unit detailed for me Monday!Here I was thinking I would have to hire someone to do it when I get home. I have a guy to give it a quick clean when we return.

And when we park the unit does it have to be parked on level ground? I know when we are camping it said we have to be level and thus the levelers but does it have to be when just parked at home???? I figure the answer is yes and that is why my son is working hard to get the garage ready for the boat because the boat is about to ousted from its spot!Haha...
My very nice neighbor has told me I can park it at her house if needed or even onto her property which is nice of her.

Ok I think that is all my questions for now!

5 more days!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Many of us own Corelle for our RVs; I got the square ones because they seem to fit in the RV cabinets better. Corelle Square 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4, Pure White: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining I will admit, though...we use paper plates quite a lot.

And yes, I think it's best to be as level as possible when you park the RV. This is particularly important when you want to run the refrigerator, since the gas fridges need to be level to operate correctly.

If possible, spend a weekend "camping" in your driveway. You'll discover items that you forgot to pack and it will be easy to run into the house and get it...then add to the "must buy for moho" list.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
These little pork chops came off the grill and were paired with a salad and some old fashioned canned corn, a salad and sun tea brewed camp side. The plates are similar to the name brand but came from our local Wallyworld. Annie said they were festive and added a splash of color. When it comes to such things, she's always right! This pic marked our first meal in the Bounder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-872272592.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	647.3 KB
ID:	28733

Still have fingers crossed for you!
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #76

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I bought melamine from Walmart. They were sold separately so I was able to buy different colors. I like to mix and match. They are also durable and light weight. Still trying to decide if there is a way to use my Waterford crystal.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #77

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
I bought melamine from Walmart. They were sold separately so I was able to buy different colors. I like to mix and match. They are also durable and light weight. Still trying to decide if there is a way to use my Waterford crystal.
I was wondering about the melamine but it is not suppos to be microwaved is it??
I saw some melamine glasses was wondering how enviromental friendly the product is??
Also is it really safe for us to use?? Sorry but I worry about plastics..

Again any info folks is great!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #78

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Many of us own Corelle for our RVs; I got the square ones because they seem to fit in the RV cabinets better. Corelle Square 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4, Pure White: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining I will admit, though...we use paper plates quite a lot.

And yes, I think it's best to be as level as possible when you park the RV. This is particularly important when you want to run the refrigerator, since the gas fridges need to be level to operate correctly.

If possible, spend a weekend "camping" in your driveway. You'll discover items that you forgot to pack and it will be easy to run into the house and get it...then add to the "must buy for moho" list.
Son just tried to fit boat in Garage didn't happen.. Haha... I told him I needed that spot he said tough luck... Brat.. We have to do some adjusting to the garage ie cut out a new door and move an awning etc.. Guess the RV will get parked out front for now.
I was leaning towards the Summer Meadow but IDK?? Guess what ever they have in stock when I get there.
All I know is as long as I have my coffee I will be fine. SO coffee pot check! Thermos to drink that coffee out of check! Haha. Now I need to remember the coffee itself and filters. I preordered to a walmart right by the airport we are landing at so it will be there for me. The walmarts here didn't have the brand I wanted in stock. Same on the corelle but oh well I hope this one has all of the choices.
I can't camp in driveway first trip is a 900 mile trip homeward. First day is 300 miles up the coast line then we will park it for 2 nites. Then we have 2 days to make it home. Going to stop off and see oldest son in TN on Monday he is getting a park name by a lake there close to him in Murphreesboro. Knowing that son I might wind up on a cliff!
So I have a huge list first run at walmart is going to be a costly one.
I will rewrite my list tonite. Don't wanna forget those toilet pills!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #79

We usually use paper plates but we did go out & buy nice plates... I don't remember the brand name, just remember that we found them at the thrift store & the reason we got them is that they are green (to match our tropical Copa Cabana) and they have this lip that comes up higher than any plate I've ever seen. Figured that would help keep baked beans, juice from steaks and whatnot on the plate and not on my carpet!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #80

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Whatever they are, plastic of some type, they're a microwave safe product. Don't usually use the microwave.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy

I was wondering about the melamine but it is not suppos to be microwaved is it??
I saw some melamine glasses was wondering how enviromental friendly the product is??
Also is it really safe for us to use?? Sorry but I worry about plastics..

Again any info folks is great!
How green is a Motorhome - carpet - epoxy - glue - fiberglass - etc. Once ya get past the build - we have pretty good carbon footprints relative to sticks and bricks but this is no time start throwing things overboard because they aren't bright green - except maybe the microwave. And when we use it - it's usually not on a plate. Get microwave safe cookware at the $ store or wherever. But really - ya don't need it all that often. Probably wouldn't have it at all if weren't for the convection oven that lives inside ours. Now that there is a cooker as we say in Texas - and by we I mean me and Annie.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #82

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
How green is a Motorhome - carpet - epoxy - glue - fiberglass - etc. Once ya get past the build - we have pretty good carbon footprints relative to sticks and bricks but this is no time start throwing things overboard because they aren't bright green - except maybe the microwave. And when we use it - it's usually not on a plate. Get microwave safe cookware at the $ store or wherever. But really - ya don't need it all that often. Probably wouldn't have it at all if weren't for the convection oven that lives inside ours. Now that there is a cooker as we say in Texas - and by we I mean me and Annie.
I thought I read that it was not for the microwave. I always mike my plates of food on regular plates.
I don't mike the plastic containers. Just IDK something about that that bothers me.
I am use to cooking a lot of food and then eating left overs from the meals cooked.
I plan on making hashbrown casserole while we are traveling then we will eat for snack or supper whatever we feel like doing with it.

I was wondering about the melamine does it travel well then? Breakage etc...
Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #83

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
These little pork chops came off the grill and were paired with a salad and some old fashioned canned corn, a salad and sun tea brewed camp side. The plates are similar to the name brand but came from our local Wallyworld. Annie said they were festive and added a splash of color. When it comes to such things, she's always right! This pic marked our first meal in the Bounder.

Attachment 28733

Still have fingers crossed for you!
Steve and Annie
Looks like a great meal! Smart man the wife is always right!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fancy--unless something has changed recently, melamine is not microwave safe. Just remember the basics for your trip home...toilet paper, toothpaste, can opener, etc. You can always stop along the way; heaven knows there are Walmarts in every town.

Tags
purchase