Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #85

Georgie Boy Owners Club
So what is the best pill to use for the toilet???
Also so once you leave your site an you have dumped your black ad grey tanks do you stop and use the
public restrooms? Or do you use your bathroom and if so how do you dump the tanks once you get home??
I like having my own bathroom but I was like ok how do I dump my tank when i get home?
I actually think I am lucky I have a septic system and was wondering if anyone else just dumps it in their septic??

Thank You

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #86

We have a septic system (or spout thing in the driveway) & are working on being able to get the motorhome to it. My parents dump at their own house. For now we dump & try not to use it, doesn't work so well when we have overnight guests that stay in the motorhome and use it though. lol We are hoping to be able to use the free dump (as we should be heading out on a Sunday or Monday so it shouldn't be crowded) and then we'll try to hit it on the way back as well. Otherwise we have to pay to dump somewhere local.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #87

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fancy,

Your toilet does not need any "pills" or chemicals of any kind. Just water and what you "personally" add. If the vents and seals are working right there is no odor. That effluent can safely be dumped into your septic system. Might want to talk to someone about adding an RV dump line to your septic (prior to the tank) if a line can be run conveniently to an area you can park the RV.
When I built my house I added the RV dump connection next the house. Very handy to have!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #88

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-B View Post
Fancy,

Your toilet does not need any "pills" or chemicals of any kind. Just water and what you "personally" add. If the vents and seals are working right there is no odor. That effluent can safely be dumped into your septic system. Might want to talk to someone about adding an RV dump line to your septic (prior to the tank) if a line can be run conveniently to an area you can park the RV.
When I built my house I added the RV dump connection next the house. Very handy to have!
I plan on backing the RV up to the Septic pipe. I wondered if there was an RV thingy you could add so you wouldn't have to open that big pipe. I will call the plumber and get him on that. That way I can dump at home.

Glad to hear that the smell won't be a problem also thank you! Being new I didn't know..

Thank YOU!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #89

Chemicals are a debate around here... some for / some against. I tried it without but now I'm trying it with. Do whatever works best for your particular motorhome.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #90

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Ok so now yet aother question. Say I leave FL and all head north and we are keeping the RV warm with heat of course do I need to worry about the temps like 30 degree weather I could hit in the mountains? I will be headed straight down to above freezing temps.

Also I am looking at hitting a lake up after Thanksgiving in Alabama so the weather would be right at the 30 degrees at nite but again i will be running heat etc do I still need to go dry camping or is it ok to have my water working here also? Parked and running the heat of course.

Thank YOU!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #91

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are wondering if u got it
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #92

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
And yes, I think it's best to be as level as possible when you park the RV. This is particularly important when you want to run the refrigerator, since the gas fridges need to be level to operate correctly.
Actually I think you'd be surprised just how far off level the rig can be and still function just fine with the newer gas/elec refers. If you are comfortable walking around then it's fine. The don't even send the little bubble level with them anymore because it's just not critical.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #93

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santara View Post
We are wondering if u got it
Saturday 10:50 am we land.
I am soo excited. Spouse still doesn't know. I have it all planned.
Sure hope everything works out great!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #94

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Actually I think you'd be surprised just how far off level the rig can be and still function just fine with the newer gas/elec refers. If you are comfortable walking around then it's fine. The don't even send the little bubble level with them anymore because it's just not critical.
I am buying a 1993. Is it as picky? or not?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The suspense is mounting. We need an update!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #96

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The suspense is mounting. We need an update!!

Haha! We got it. Drove from Melbourne Fl to Savannah. Stayed two nites at Red Gate. Wonderful place loved it!! J D was fantastic. Glad I hit wally world and got a sewage kit. Haha. Otherwise ok. A bit disappointed in a few things. But overall seems to be in decent shape.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is fantastic news. I'm sure there are plenty of us letting out a sigh of relief with this news. So officially - welcome to the club. Want to hear about it and especially your husbands reaction to the surprise.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #98

Georgie Boy Owners Club

Had to get thru Atlanta. Happy it has a hydraulic leveling system. Air shocks.
Very very happy I bought new bedding. Things I know I will be purchasing is new mattress new awning fabric. Need a tune up hopefully for better gas mileage been getting about 6 miles to the gallon. But I was driving 65 mph.
Oh cruise is not working big bummer. Neither is the lighter si hopefuuly a fuse issue???
Fridge works gen works everything but I think the water tanks pump cause wecant get water for commode unless we are hooked to site. JD said pump inside of tank could be out??
Roof put on last year new new ac and vents.
Will let ya all know when I Hit home on Indiana.

Tags
purchase