Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, y'all. My husband just called the dealership and put a hold on it. So, we may become new RV owners this weekend. A new chapter!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
As a followup

We did purchase the Solera and have had it now almost 3 weeks. We've made 2 1/2 round trips to New Orleans from Mobile, have taken it to Biloxi for our first "over night". We absolutely love it! We are planning on several overnight trips after the holidays. It handles well, is small enough to park most places and big enough for the two of us and the three dogs.

It was a good decision!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats on your purchase.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #18

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Congrats on the new purchase!! Sounds like a beauty.
Wish I could afford one of those I am green with envy!

We will be traveling with 3 dogs also.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
This is an edit. Sorry I didn't see you had already bought your Solera, but felt I would still leave my comments in a hope that it would add a positive vote for your purchase.

I bought a new 2012 Itasca Navion iQ last May. I'm a single female and new to RVing. So far I've had no issues with my new purchase. Have had no trouble learning the ins and outs of RVing (with great help from members on this and other RV forums). I don't think you have to assume new rigs are going to have problems. I like that previous owners haven't slept in my bed and that everything is new. I didn't even consider used models and have had enough new cars in my lifetime to know everything depreciates. I think if you are satisfied with your choice and feel it will enhance your traveling positively, go for it. Good luck.

Sandi
Old 11-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7
This is an edit. Sorry I didn't see you had already bought your Solera, but felt I would still leave my comments in a hope that it would add a positive vote for your purchase.

I bought a new 2012 Itasca Navion iQ last May. I'm a single female and new to RVing. So far I've had no issues with my new purchase. Have had no trouble learning the ins and outs of RVing (with great help from members on this and other RV forums). I don't think you have to assume new rigs are going to have problems. I like that previous owners haven't slept in my bed and that everything is new. I didn't even consider used models and have had enough new cars in my lifetime to know everything depreciates. I think if you are satisfied with your choice and feel it will enhance your traveling positively, go for it. Good luck.

Sandi
Thanks Sandy! My neighbor in New Orleans is thinking about trading his 33 ft Class A in for a Navion iQ. His partner of 30 years passed away two years ago, and he wants to downsize and we can "caravan". Glad you are happy with it! From the little pic - yours looks beautiful :-)
Old 11-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Why is buying new a bad idea?
Beats me. Obviously somebody has to do it.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We did purchase the Solera and have had it now almost 3 weeks. We've made 2 1/2 round trips to New Orleans from Mobile, have taken it to Biloxi for our first "over night". We absolutely love it! We are planning on several overnight trips after the holidays. It handles well, is small enough to park most places and big enough for the two of us and the three dogs.

It was a good decision!
Congrats, Debbie. Have fun with your new RV.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks. We are really enjoying it. Currently we are driving it to NOLA and I was driving up to a few minutes ago. It is a pleasure to drive. All three furry critters have their beds on the floor and are happy. We can't wait to go for a trip and spend the night again, but with our schedule right now, won't be until January. In the meantime, we will use it as our traveling car. Only getting about 12.8 miles to the gallon, hopefully that will improve with age.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey,
Congrats on the new buy, glad your are getting some use out of it.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #25

I think the RV is great for all your plans except the commuting. No RV will handle as well as a car or suv on the highway or in traffic. A 3 hour commute really isn't bad, I did a 300 mile commute weekly for 3 years and would not want to have been in an RV. I've had 9 RV's in the last 13 years, chances are you will change your mind on what you want as far as the floorplan goes, if you buy new you will be shocked at what they offer you when you try to trade a year or 2 later. I would buy a 2 or 3 year old clean used unit to gain experience with. I feel that the new class B's and C's have fewer problems when new than the class A's, they are simpler and have mass produced chassis's.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Thanks. We are really enjoying it. Currently we are driving it to NOLA and I was driving up to a few minutes ago. It is a pleasure to drive. All three furry critters have their beds on the floor and are happy. We can't wait to go for a trip and spend the night again, but with our schedule right now, won't be until January. In the meantime, we will use it as our traveling car. Only getting about 12.8 miles to the gallon, hopefully that will improve with age.
It should improve a little as it breaks in. Congrats on your purchase and you will enjoy your coach. You will get many different opinions here but if you are happy that is all that matters. I do agree with you all traveling like that is much nicer than in a car. Having the freedom of getting up and moving around is great.
You guys enjoy and safe travels.
( I am doing the exact opposite from you guys NOLA to Mobile but mine is just for 5 to 6 Months)
ajm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
We've been doing the Mobile to Nola now since 2008 and will probably continue for another 2 years when we retire. :-). Not a bad drive really.

Tags
purchase