Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Newbie questions. -- tires and light bulbs

Can I add air to my tires at any gas station?

Autozone person told me you can't just replace existing lightbulbs with LED nulls, is this true? He said you have to replace light receptacle. Doesn't make sense since I can use LED lights in lights at home. So wanted to make sure.

Many thanks. Just got my, new to be, aspect. I LOVE it. And the threads on this site were correct, it's pretty easy to drive. Took it on 95 outside of DC. After screaming when first 18 wheeler passed me. It wasn't bad, I could feel it pushing vehicle as it approached, but not so bad when it passed. After I was sure I hadn't messed myself, I released my death grip on steering wheel and relaxed. Then it was easy to drive.

RETUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #2

You can fill you tires at a regular gas station. But, the air chuck may not be able to access stem unless it is a dual truck type. Some gas station may not have enough pressure that fill you tires to proper pressure.
LED's can be purchased for any type blub. But most cars and trucks require a load on them to make flashers and sensors work properly. There are resistors and bulbs that will work properly with data buss in your chassis.

2004 Endura 6340D
2012 Chevy Captiva toad
ronjhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
For air the best answer is your own onboard compressor or a Super CO2 refill tank with appropriate accessories. I carry a small Snam-On branded (Alltrade) compressor from Costco, with an extra tank which I keep charged. I also have a 12ton air-[powered hydraulic jack and associated air tools to work on the car worth.

As for leds that's not true You can buy any automotive replacement LED light at SuperbrightLEDs.com. I've replaced a lot of my trailer interioer lights wath warm colored LEDs. All truck bulbs have been repaced with LEDs as well. Replacing the trailer bulbs with LEDs remove a huge load off my electrical system at night.
Together We Ranger and Jin

FB: Adventures of Ranger and Jin
desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Skyline Owners Group
Auto zone told you you have to change the fixture? What's funny because I bought a stick on that had assorted adapters to fit the old bulb at auto zone here in Michigan.
Intothewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Trailer tires and some Motor home tires, Any gas station, Some gas stations have a problem with the larger (22.5") high pressure (100+) tires used on large motor homes.
The stations where you drop a quarter in the box... And it pumps.. Forget 'em.

You need a SERVICE station, not a gas station.

Light bulbs.....

Some lamp fixtures you can not replace the lamp. (I do not mean you can't replace it with an LED, I mean YOU CAN NOT REPLACE IT) they are kind of like the old "Sealed Beam" headlights.

Others, like modern haloen hedlights, you can replace the lamp. and if it is that kind of fixture.. Say one that takes a 1157 lamp (Common stop/tail/turn lamp) all you got to do is replace the lamp.

That said, Not all leds are "Up to spec" (As bright) So shop carefully.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What's the year and model of your Aspect? We have an '05 26A, feel free to send me a PM if you need an Aspect-specific answer.
Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
please be careful of just adding tires to your motor home. If they have been run low or over loaded they can fail will refilling. This is the first online info i could find but make sure you are aware. http://www.irsst.qc.ca/media/documen...RSST/R-590.pdf
grizzlyalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Newmar Owners Club
Do you have 'equal' (balancing powder) in your tires? If so, you will want to make sure air used is run through an air dryer. If not 'equal' may turn to clumps.
Chuck & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/ 2012 F150 4x4 that wants to be a Jeep.
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
Thanks to all. I have a 2011 Winnebago aspect 30c. New to me, just rolled over 2000 miles today. Bought it used, about a month ago. It had 1900 when I got it. Just absolutely love it. Previous owners bought it for full timing and realized it was a tad too small for full timing. Took it for a drive today, and got over the white knuckle driving I did at first on the interstate. Without a death grip on the steering wheel, it was amazing how much easier it was to drive. Of course, it's not going to win any races, it's not a speed racer, but it's wonderful inside.
RETUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
Some retailers are being extremely cautious about LED replacement bulbs.

Some of them run a bunch hotter than the old style incandescent bulbs and the plastic fixtures melt. If you have the style with the metal reflectors and lots of room around the bulb it will likely be fine.

Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is offline   Reply With Quote

newbie, tires