Newby Buying a Winnebaga Access Premier 31JP
Newby from a Alaska and we are ready to take the plunge. Our background is that we have researched and rented for the last 3 years but have never owned a RV.
We have decided on a new Winnebago Access Premier 31JP. This is a bunk house model Class C and will work best for my family of five. We have picked out all of the options and colors and now comes the next step, negotiations. What we would like to do is negotiate a price with our local dealer but first we will get quotes from other dealers as well. We would then like to arrange pick up of the unit at the factory in Forest City and do a drive back vacation next June and July 2013. A few questions
1. Is 70% of MSRP a good place to start negotiations at considering a factory order?
2. Considering our time frame should we negotiate for a 2014 model when pickup will be last week of June/ First week of July 2013?
3. If you have this model, what suggestions do you have?
4. Any body do a factory pickup at WI have any pointers?
5. A good point of contact at Lichtsinn motors in Iowa?
5. Any other suggestions are very welcome.
Gregg in Alaska
PS. I know it is Winnebago